Being my Own Tormentter

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Forgotten_Man, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

You know I often times wonder why I try so hard to torment myself. Things that are very easy to change I don't do so I can hate myself. Things like going to the gym. It only takes a little bit of will power and I could satisfy my vanity. But no I do not do that, I just wake up in the morning and go back to sleep. Or there is the only female who I have ever known in real life. We have a weird relationship that used to involve intercourse. Yet as I never actually became her boyfriend. We decided it would be best if we stopped that portion of our relationship. However, I do no stop. Any and every change I get I try engage her in intercourse.

Those are two main examples of how I torment myself. I often times sit down and ask the question of why I do this? Or the better question of how do I stop doing this? How do I stop doing these things that make me hate myself?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are comfortable with the pain that is why you do it it is something you have grown familiar too. How do you stop I have been told do the opposite of what you would do in a certain situation. Say the opposite thing as well thus making changes.

3. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Umm... I guess I do not understand... do the opposite?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.