Being Real

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by fromthatshow, Apr 30, 2008.

1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Are there any real gay men out there? It seems that every gay man I come across is completely fake. They act exactly how they think a gay man is supposed to act. I'm not sure if I'm gay, bi, straight, but anytime I come across an available gay man he has been fake :sad:. Anyone else feel this way?

2. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Being homosexual/bisexual is becoming trendy very quickly. I imagine it will only get worse

3. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

there are lots of people in general out there that just like to hide behind certain etiquette, blindly following cultural standards etc, nevermind them being gay bi straight or anything. you get it everywhere.

i think i understand what you mean though.

i suppose it might take a while for them to drop the front and perhaps open up to you emotionally. i bet a lot of those gay men who seem fake or perhaps seem very artificial are anxious in some ways about how they come across- or it could be because they feel comfortable in that certain group or the people they hang around. there's a spectrum of people out there. again it just could be the people you meet.

don't give up.

i feel your frustration though. i haven't been in your position so i don't know how it's like.

4. Fatman1966

Fatman1966 Antiquitie's Friend

I'm am a gay man, much to the surprise of most people I know and have told, I see no reason to be "different" just to let other people know I'm gay, I'm just an every day bloke, that does every day things, just the same as any other bloke, always have, always will, I am just the same as every other guy, I'm no different at all, I don't clean up as much as I should, sometimes I drink too much, I'm not different in any kind of way, I don't see the point in advertising the fact I'm gay to the rest of the world, ok for some younger guys, it a way of letting other guys know you are an interested party, with out having to have that difficult conversation, you know the "why have you not got a girlfriend / wife by now", shortly followed by a strangely long pause and the "well actualy I'm gay" followed by another even strangley longer pause, conversation.

So for me, I'm just another regular guy, that happens to have relationships with other regular guys, that's not really any thing to do with any body else, it's not for them to judge, If quizzed and I think the person should know, mostly other guys I'm interest in, then I tell them, one guy even thought I was taking the micky out of him, "get lost" he said, "your the straightest bloke I know", for me my sexuality is just that, my sexuality, it has very little to do with other people and how they see me as a person, it's not that big a part of who I am but then agian, may be that's why I am still single at 41 !!!!!!! lol lol lol lol lol