being replaced?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by FBD, Nov 13, 2010.

1. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

my best friend here is a guy (im a girl) and i think hes replacing me with another probably overreacting cz i do that a lot, but he has her over there all the time, talks to her all the time, and now shes making his bed, which was always my job. i know he said he was workin on her, as it trying to make her his gf (he calls it long term goal) but does that mean that im gunna get pushed to the side? hes had another girlfriend before, but nothing changed with us like it seems to be this time. i can barely get him to hang out with me anymore :(
    its like hes pushing me away
  2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

He may be wanting a girlfriend... possibly in the past- he had trouble getting a girlfriend when you were his best friend; because most girls would be threatened by you being in his life more or as much (or at all for the really fickle ones) as they are.
    I don't think he would be 'replacing' you-- because you are his best friend, yes? He's probably just trying to make room for one more person in his life.

I suppose I should ask first--- are you 'just friends' with him/ or feel like family-- or would you actually want to be his girlfriend? That can make a difference in your judgment as well.

Maybe you should ask him about it if you really feel that way?
  3. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

ive always had a crush on him, he knows it, but we both know its irrelevent because we care about eachother so much

he protects me like im his younger sister, with the i wanna meet whoever you think about dating beforehand to approve and so on,

i guess you can say our relationship is one where we both care about eachother. we both wanna protect eachother and he is very protective of me, hes not afraid to bitch someone out, cockblock, or whatever for me. which is nice, hes pretty intense at times. he hates my ex boyfriend, if i ever bring him up its immediately dont listen to him hes an ass/stupid/whatever

yeah sorry kinda got off topic here, but while i have a crush on him, its more of a middle school crush, not a big enough one and hes never worried about it before, yeah there have been times where weve slipped up and done things that suggest more than friendship, but its never even been a problem. we both know we are better as friends and we are too far in the friend zone for anything else to come of it, we are best friends and happy that way
  4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

it's good to have such a good friend, but I'm sure frustrating if you have a crush on him.

Maybe some time down the road you'll get together.

Even if you don't though, it's still good to have such a good friend.