Being Rude

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Freya, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I am aware I should rise above it and brush it off. I am aware that the fact that they are rude and obnoxious is their problem and not mine. I am aware that, especially since I will never speak to this person again, I should not let it affect me.

When someone is intentionally deliberately rude and offensive, without need or provocation, with a healthy dose of "I am better than you and know more than you" arrogance. It makes me mad. And it makes me upset.

I am not talking about anyone here, just to be clear. It is a work thing that cropped up with some utter douchebag that I will never hear of again most likely. But the things that really rile me, are a) He thinks he is superior and will continue to walk around thinking this and b) He thinks he 'put me in my place'. And I am aware that I should not care what he does not does not think - but I do. I think HE is a jackass, but I am certain that even if he knew, he would not care.

I wish I could master the art of 'not caring'.

2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

douches are everywhere, need a severe ego blow
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm so sorry this happened to you :hug: I know how much it can hurt, because it hurts me every time someone is rude to me. Sometimes I'm reduced to tears and panic attacks, but I'm slowly trying to become "immune" to what people do and say to me. Lately I've been getting more angry than upset when people do or say things to me. I know it's hard to just forget about it, but you have to consider the source and realize that he's probably just going to drive everyone away and many people would not want to be around him. He's not better than you, or anyone, especially if he treats people that way.