Being the one left behind...

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by SOS_Lindsay, Nov 24, 2012.

1. SOS_Lindsay

SOS_Lindsay New Member

My name is Lindsay and I lost my cousin Jarid to suicide in 2003. He was 15 years old and was bullied in high school, along with having to live with an alcoholic mother and step-father who verbally abused him. More than likely he was physically abused also. Our family (our grandparents, my parents, and his brother Jesse) did not know he was going through all of this. It will be 10 years since he's been gone in June, but I still fight the pain of losing him. Some days are worse than others, but I try to turn it into something positive.

That is why I am here, because I am seeking out those individuals who just need someone to LISTEN or to give them advice. I may not have been able to save his life, but maybe through this chat (as impersonal as it can be sometimes) I will be able to save someones else's life. This is my motivation.

Take care everyone, and don't ever feel your life isn't worth something. It may not seem like it is at this point, but I can guarantee that your life is worth a TON to someone else. Don't give up. :smile-new::smile-new:

2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Thank you for being here Lindsay, and for your offer to chat and befriend people. I am so sorry that this happened to your cousin, it must have been so hard for you honey. There is some good that can come out of every desperate situation, and it is wonderful that you have this motivation now to help others. You will be greatly valued here, so God bless you, and WELCOME!! :)

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hugs to you hun i know it is so hard being the one left behind it hurts I am glad you are posting hun so we can support you too ok hugs

4. SOS_Lindsay

SOS_Lindsay New Member

Thank you for your kind words. They are greatly appreciated. God bless you too. :)

5. mackaroni

mackaroni Well-Known Member

I am sorry for your loss! Many hugs to you and your loved ones. Many people who attempt and/or complete suicide dont realize just how devestating the affects are on those left behind! I am glad that you are taking a tragedy and doing some good from it. That is the best free therapy I have found that works best for me!

Take care!

6. Chris516

Chris516 Member

Lindsay, I was bullied for five consecutive years 6th-10th. I know what your cousin was feeling when it came to being bullied. While I fought back and beat up a couple of the kids that bullied me, and your cousin committed suicide, there is a common thread regardless either situation.

The school system didn't care in either situation. I also ran away from school several times. Because, The school I was attending, didn't care about kids being bullied.

My condolences to you.