being the only child suck

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Darker Than Black, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Darker Than Black

Darker Than Black Well-Known Member

I wish I had a sister or brother, u get so lonely sometimes, especially when ur older, and when u don't know any relatives, its all urself.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Can so relate being an only child. :sad:
    Have cousins but they have their own lives to lead.

3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I wish I were an only child.

My sister is but a mar on my existence.

4. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

Its fun to go through life with someone else right there for everyone to compare you too. It's great that everyone else can just see "how you don't measure up."

But, hey everything in life can be shit so, meh.

5. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

i'm an only child too.

i never minded. . . i think i liked having all the attention :rolleyes:

but....looking back i also realize the weight, the burden of my parents hopes and dreams, , , , were on my shoulders. i never measured up in their eyes.

i'm not lonely for siblings. but . when i had children i made sure i did not have only one....

i hope you have good friends that are like siblings to you - i am sorry you are lonely

big hugs......xxx

6. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

Having a sibling isn't what it's all awesome and stuff... I have a brother...we're not close at all ... we hardly talk and I wish we were closer but it's kind of hard now that we are older to do anything about it...but whatever... my point is I felt alone most of my life and I have brother....

7. flayflow

flayflow Well-Known Member

im an only child.
    i kinda like it cuz im able to do my own things
    i have my own room and my own stuff.
    dont have to share :L
    and they cant get me into trouble=]

8. Kunera

Kunera Well-Known Member

I have a sister. We used to fight when we were little like there was no tomorrow, but when we started to hit our teen years, we started to grow really close.
    One night, she blogged about a terrible night she had, and when I confronted her about it, she was hesitant to tell me anything about it. After talking to her more, I found out that she's a lesbian. From there, she started to trust me more with things in her life, and we grew closer as I became one more source of comfort and acceptance for her. Our parents are unaware of this, and when I first found out about her sexuality, she insisted that I never mention it to them, which I respect.

It really just depends on who you're related to. Some siblings can be amazing, yet I've seen friends with absolutely terrible siblings that they will probably never get along with.

I do agree, that growing up with someone else is better, and I'm sorry that you never had that experience.