Being told you're too thin?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by VALIS, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

Does anyone else know they look better a few pounds heavier but still get a rush from being told they look sick, tired, and too thin?

I don't know why this is.
  2. meme333

meme333 Well-Known Member

I think so.
    It's not so much a rush for me but that people are noticing maybe.
    I don't know.
    I've lost 10 pounds in the last week but have a history with anorexia/bulimia that has been stable for about 4 years. I'm just crashing and I don't care so I'm losing the weight.
    It's control for me and I know it. Yes, I felt fat so that's there too but mostly

So i'm not sure it's the same for me as you.
    Maybe you could explain more about how you feel about it?
  3. »broken_smile«

»broken_smile« Banned Member

i HATE being skinny! everyone says stupid jokes about it which pisses me off!!! :(
  4. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

Yeah I know what you guys mean. It's mostly that I am afraid that I get joy from being told that, even if I look bad, and that it's self-destructive to show my inward sickness by taking it out on my body.
  5. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

I lost ten kilos!

I've always been tall and thin - not 'thin' in a bad looking sense - maybe like Bruce Lee at his finest! He was skinny - but would you argue?

I've never really put weight on apart from drinking. but with drinking all day - its not just weight you carry.

So - I'm looking for any ideas to put weight on.

Or shall I just sneak a 20 kilo weight as I get weighed next time?

Then turn up 3 days later and scare the doc with a staggering weight loss!:smile: :huh:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.