Believe in God

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Cursed Angel, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cursed Angel

Cursed Angel Active Member

Whats up guys? First, I am not trying to force religion on anybody. I'm just trying to show u guys the how important it is to worship God and be a good person. And yes he does exist regardless of what anyone tells u. Whatever way u wanna worship God is fine just as long as it makes u a good person. I've been through the worst of the worst of situations, but as time passes, God makes my life better and better. I've tryed 2 commit suicide, but thankfully I failed. I've been getting better jobs, better women, and better friends. God will help u if u get rid of the evil in your soul and stay loyal to him. I'm not saying that u will automatically go 2 hell if you take your life, I just feel that God prefers that you live and help make this world a better place. If u feel that u have a reason to commit suicide, God will give u a reason 2 live if show him that u are worthy of a good reason.
  2. Who want to bet on how long it'll take for this to be moved to Soap Box...
    It's 9:58 PM now...
  3. Moteh

Moteh Member

With so many members of our society that have been forsaken, it becomes a bit too hard to believe in an entity so powerfull.
  4. ...10:03 Pm...
  5. 10:18 :biggrin:
  6. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

only 20 minutes later . . . .

fuck G-0-D, or the GOP, whichever.

god gives me no reason to live. i choose life because i'm to scared of heroine.
  7. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

I think Im a good person, I used to believe in God, but he has never gave me a reason to live.
  8. touglytobeloved

Good for you, my life is worse and worse from day to day.
  9. touglytobeloved

I have no evil in my soul, I have never hurt anyone, and still, Im in a situation without exit. Actually with only one exit...
  10. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

Why is it important to worship God? You can be a good person without worshiping God.

Someones open minded :rolleyes: Can you even prove your specified God exists, or is the "correct" God over the other hundreds of Gods?

How do you know God makes it better, and not your actions that are making it better? Also, how do you know WHICH God is making it better? There's 22 major religions, and many other minor ones.

Can you prove this? Just because you think God helped you personally, doesn't mean it's actually true and can be said for everyone else. Also, which God are you referring to?

Can you read God's mind, or is this your personal opinion? What are you basing this off of?

In 2005, there were 32,637 reported suicide deaths. I guess God didn't feel like giving all of them a good reason to live.
  11. touglytobeloved

God prefers that I have to live? I prefer not to. My life, my decision. He (if he exist) gave me the reason to feel like this.
    And I cant help this world to be a better place. I cant even help myself. The sun will shine even after my death.

So, why should I believe in God?
  12. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

gtfo lol

seriously the idea of religion and god has been proved wrong since our day one in space , truth is harsh but all religions are false
    you don't have a shred of a clue , and even if he does exist I'm sure he's not the bloodthirsty asshole religion is talking about

I mean C'mon you can't question his arrogance because you're too afraid of "hell"
    I chose to be free , if religion's god really exists then I'll spit on his face on judgement day !
    why do you hate satan ? because god told you so ? didn't you want to understand his situation
    Hell Imagine you're god's perfect creation , you're his friend and suddenly he creats a new being and tell you to get the fuck out
    how would you feel ? oh sure you can't say because he'll send you to hell
    You all religious people are only hypocrits to god ! how can you love such an arrogant and selfish and full of himself and a dictator being

that if he exists which I HIGHLY doubt
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2008
  13. touglytobeloved

Im not afraid to go to hell. Im already there...
  14. (Well, apparently the OP has bugged out. Good riddance :dry:)

Of all the preposterous things to say, and it keeps getting said over and over again - that bad things/suffering is caused by 'evil in your soul'...

15. Cursed Angel

Look bro, I'm not going 2 hate u even though u disrespected me and a lot of other God worshipers. I'm jus tryin 2 help u. Not believing in God does not mean he doesn't exist and not believing won't help yo situation either. Your post clearly shows how atheists won't believe in God because u all hate Him.
    Just bcuz he doesn't answer every prayer u make doesn't mean He hates u. The human mind will never be able to fully understand the concept or the motives of God.

Also, just bcuz we been in space doesn't prove that God doesn't exist, if anything that proves he does exist. If there is no beginning or end 2 the universe, then it is also possible for there to be a soul with no beginning or end. Atheist just don't realize that they can't prove that God doesn't exist.
    U might ask me has a dead person come back and tell me they've seen God, but I ask u atheist have a dead person come back and tell u that there was no God. God has sent prophets( and no not just the Christian prophets, I believe in several religions) to the world to confirm his existence. However no atheist has been sent back to earth to say he doesn't exist, probably cause they are in hell.

And honestly bro, u need 2 change yo attitude towards God. U said you're gonna spit on him in the face on judgement day bcuz u don't approve of his actions. God doesn't need a human's approval. And He doesn't make bad decisions. Everything happens bcuz of a Divine process. Like I said, a human mind can not understand everything about God, that's like a Lion trying 2 figure out how 2 use the internet.

Anyways, I pray that God blesses u and give u a reason 2 live and overlook your criticism. And if u are gonna commit suicide either way, I believe u should really get right with God 4 the sake of your afterlife.
  16. Cursed Angel

The above post was directed toward Sylar.
  17. Oh, you're back...

"Hell" Is Not an Old Testament doctrine:

...Popular myth : Hell is an established Biblical doctrine that is in the Bible from start to finish. This is not true! Two thirds of the Bible (the Old Testament) does not mention Hell at all. ("Sheol," the Old Testament word that is sometimes translated as Hell, only means "grave" by definition, and it is where everyone in the Old Testament went when they died--good or evil, Jew or Gentile). Thus the Old Testament does not contain the concept of Hell..."

"The King James Bible erroneously translates the word "Sheol" as Hell a total of 31 times in the Old Testament, thus setting a foundation for that doctrine in the New Testament as well as the majority of Bible translations to follow the KJV. Even so, most new translations have completely eliminated Hell from the Old Testament, as honest and better scholarship has demanded. The Jewish version of the Old Testament (the Tanakh) has no concept of Hell in it. The importance of this fact cannot be over-emphasized. If a doctrine does not appear as seed form in the books of the Law, the Prophets and the Psalms, it cannot fairly be taught as a major biblical doctrine, if indeed it can be taught as biblical at all..."

...Hell Is Not a New Testament Doctrine:

Popular myth: Jesus spoke of Hell more than He did of Heaven. This is not true! Jesus warned the Jews many times of impending destruction, both nationally and individually. He used several different terms to refer to punishment/destruction, some of which were erroneously translated as the same word, "Hell" by Bible translators. [We] are challenging the belief that His judgment on sin and unbelief is eternal torment/Hell and never-ending separation from God. Certainly, Jesus spent a lot of his ministry warning people to repent or reap the consequences, (particularly "Gehenna.")

Furthermore, even "Gehenna" is rather a temporary place, purgatory is you will, "a place of purification"...but since you know everything there is to know about it, and where everyone "else" will inevitably go, I'm sorry to have made you read this...

And since you probably really don't want to read even more... then DON'T go here!

"When you examine what the Roman Catholic Church teaches and what most Protestants believe about the afterlife, and compare that with the scriptures and early Church beliefs, you find large disparities. You will also find their innovative doctrines were not drawn from the Bible or historic Church doctrine, but rather from the mythology of the Middle Ages, juridical concepts, and enlightenment rationalizations, all alien to early Christian thought."
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  18. possessednomad

possessednomad Well-Known Member

19. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

You guys can choose to believe in God or don't, it really doesn't matter. I choose to believe in God and so does Cursed_Angel. I agree that it's hard to believe in God when so many people are suffering and there is so much evil in the world, but that doesn't mean that God doesn't exist. God loves all of us, even though life may seem difficult at the moment. We all have challenges which we must learn from and overcome.
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Let's say I build a computer for someone, install all the software, get it all working nicely and 2 months later they've ruined it, got viruses, nothing works any more, I just think "sod it, I've got better things to do then waste time on this anymore".

And so I believe God created the Universe, the Earth and us, but I'm sure He's moved onto other things by now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.