Benzos & Alcohol

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by JustWannaDisappear, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustWannaDisappear

JustWannaDisappear New Member

Anyone combine the two? I'm prescribed .5 but I take anywhere from .5 to 1.5 not always daily, but I typically have a drink or two sometimes three with it. Usually it's just wine.

2. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

All the doctors say that you're really not supposed to do that, but yeah I have before and it didn't do anything. I wouldn't try it in large amounts though...

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Don't mix benzodiazepines with alcohol,it can be dangerous and it can cause black outs. It says avoid alcohol on the label for a reason. Trust me I know, I used to mix the two too. Until I learned better.

4. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Yeah, I forgot to mention in my post that every person is different...so just because it didn't affect me doesn't mean it wouldn't affect someone else. Basically my husband knew a guy who died from taking just 2mg of Xanax with a can of beer. It stopped his breathing while he was asleep.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

yeah because it is a central nervous system depressant and can result in respiratory failure. sad story :(

6. Sleep

Sleep Active Member

On the rare occasions I go out socially I make sure I've taken enough diazepam to feel comfortable with people around me and I drink a lot more than I should do so if I collapsed and died or woke up in hospital, I wouldn't be too bothered. My body's probably got used to the mixture of benzo's and alcohol by now anyway.

7. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I am on xanax and drink here and there but I don't ever mix the two.

Too risky, in my opinion.

8. Ringo

Ringo Well-Known Member

Definitely not a good idea. Can only speak from my own experience but it caused me to black out too easily and seriously affected my behaviour.

9. letty

letty Banned Member

just got xanax dont know how it will affect me, I havent been able to sleep so i thought i would mix the two. i need to sleep

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.