Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by DannyBoy, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannyBoy

DannyBoy Well-Known Member

So it seems Ativan is one drug I take that actually takes away my suicidal feelings and thoughts. However I know after a long time the drug becomes ineffective.

I've only been on a low dosage for like a month.

If the drug stops my suicidal thoughts should I continue to take it? It seems like a silly question, but I know benzo addiction can make things worse for people after a long time. I can easily obtain as much of the drug as I'd like too, but I'm generally really careful about addiction and taking it.

What do you think?
  2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I think you really need to talk to your doctor.

The last thing you want is a benzo addiction. Trying to come off it will make you want to kill yourself anyway.

You need to explore other options to control your suicidal thoughts/feelings.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

The withdrawal from benzodiazepines is no fun, it is absolute hell. Benzos are bad news. Great for short term relief of panic attacks but in the long run, they will be doing you more harm than good, as your bodies tolerance builds up towards them you'll be taking them only to stop the withdrawal, you won't be getting any benefit from them unless you keep increasing the dose, its not advisable to do this.
    Talk to your doctor about weaning off them.
  4. DannyBoy

Well I'm pretty much off of it now anyways. I took only .5 ativan last night and I know I can survive without it.

It's sadly something I looked forward too. I guess there is a bit of a high after taking ativan, especially if you're someone with anxiety problems. Time flies by and it's an enjoyable part of the day.

I'm sort of going to miss that, and I'm afraid of suicidal thoughts again.
  5. Miligram

Miligram Member

i have been addicted to xanax,and i mixed with with other benzos and beer i lost about 13kg....until i did not felt the mellow feeling on xanax i stoped cause i realized that without xanax i could not hell. i needed it like water:poo:

I decied that this must stop,so i went to a psychiatrist who made a lets say a "plan" how to get off the benzo.To cut te story,it tooks 6months. to gett off xanax. 6 months:mellow: in pain,anxieti,i can not find all the words .

Please don't become addicted ,imagine a half year in a everyday hell !:itachi:

p.s. some veterans say it's harder to get off the benzos than heroin.
  6. Miligram

Miligram Member

do u take some pills for your anxiety and depression ?
  7. LogDork

LogDork Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I'm curious what dosages people are talking about coming off of when they talk about benzo addiction.
    I've been Rx'd clonazapam for a couple years, the last refill of 1mg tabs (30) has lasted over two months. If I get to where I'm seeing 3am go by, and not sleeping, I'll take one a night (knocks me right out) for a couple nights, then a half for a couple nights, then my sleep seems to come on time for a while again.
    So...what level of dose are you talking about having addiction problems with?
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

How are you doing today Danny? :hug:
  9. DannyBoy

Not so good, I took a .5mg last night. I think my depression is returning and bringing with it anxiety.
  10. All these mixed emotions

All these mixed emotions Well-Known Member

why is everyone badmouthing the benzo? it is a lifesaver, its hard to OD on and it works fast.. the sad part is that it should be combined with therapy of some sort...

it hasnt more sideeffects than the other crap they give you...

ever tried quiting lyrica? now thats like cocaine!!

11. LogDork

LogDork Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I'd agree with ATME, any drug can have dangers, and benefits, if .5 mg gives your mind some relief, be glad you have it to use.
    I asked here, because I'd heard a few times about addiction, from people who were taking 5-10 mgs, or more a day. One was a nurse, and when I said at most I take 1mg, usually a half, she said "dont worry"
    Are you taking anything else, Danny? I find mirtazapine to work great for me, tho the initial effect of increased appetite has gone, and I could use a few more pounds. Dosnt put me out at night like a half a klon does, but it really helps with my overall anxiety
  12. All these mixed emotions

All these mixed emotions Well-Known Member

benso and mirtazapine will help alot quicker than these ssri snri stuff... alot quicker... wo has time to wait 1-2 months fora depression to go away?

btw benso is gaba-pentin based, and is a kinda extract from alcohol, so its smart to expect same withdrawl as on booze... and when we are on the subject, boze can fuck you over preatty hard to, and that only if you bingedrink for a week in a row...

all withdrawl has the potential of causing suicides, from the addiction itself or more common that the bloody deppression comes back...

The main problem is to be aware if a psykosis starts, which can happen anytime, but is more common on ssri, but this goes for all meds and drugs.

i just prefer the fast working ones

P.S you can try johannesextracts, they have like no sideeffects and is establishd in the medical community, altogh they can fuck with birthcontrol-pills as it plays with the hormons, rendering the pill useless... but for me it makes more sense to "play" with hormoes than to "try and play" with serotonin
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2010
  13. Arthur

Arthur Account Closed

I wish i never took benzos, those are very hard to kick off from and the withdrawl is horrible.
    I've been on and off that stuff and i'm back on it 1 mg a day.
  14. Miligram

Miligram Member

Benzos are my second name :moonwalk:

I have swallowed all benzos that on this world egzsst,and from all of them Diazepam is the best - (when u take all the bad and good sides,experiences,etc. diazepam is the best )
    I was even addicted to alprazolam now i avoid this stupid pill,even i had a great time with them,ah....:)).

my therapy now is 2 valiums of 1omg per day and Zyprexa which makes me totaly hard to stay awake even it's in the middle of the day.That pill helps me,but dude....u can't barely walk :mhmm:
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2010
  15. Miligram

Miligram Member

You should take Ativan further even u think u don't have any suicid thoughts.Ask your doctor,he will tell u the are on a very good way so don't make it now evrything broken. and about the benzos....yes..don't take them more than a month-maximum ,because u will get addicet to it ! These are my advices...
    i use Cipralex - olanzepine fo,r my suicidde thoughs and they help me but i arekx
    do u have similar simpotms ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.