Best Friend Controlling me

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by pancake111, Mar 10, 2012.

1. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

So my best friend and his ex broke up again for like the fourth time, but this time it was for good. Except me and his ex became friends while they were going out, but now that they are broken up, he doesn't want me to talk to her, or even aknowledge her existence.

This is really pissing me off because:
    1. He can't tell me what to do
    2. I don't have many friends, especially ones that are girls
    3. She didn't do anything to me, so why should I just abandon her?
    4. he says if I still talk to her, he will stop being my friend, which is stupid because then she will be controlling him indirectly

He absolutly hates her, and doesn't want her in his life at all. So since I'm in his life, I can't be friends with her because then she will indirectly still be in his life. What's also stupid is he still talks to one her friends that is also her friend as well. I'm the only one who can't be involved with his ex at all. He can talk to her friends, but I can't talk to her? It makes no sense

My therapist says he is being childish, and what happens in my circle shouldn't make him freak out in his cirlce. He won't listen to anything I try to tell him to make him change his mind. I don't know what to do anymore. I still want to be friends with her, but I don't want to lose my best friend.
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Exactly, he can't control what you do and who you interact with, and he is very childish to act that way. If he is going to treat you that way then you don't really want him in your life. You can still be her friend if you want and he has no say in that. If he's going to stop being your friend over something so small, then is he really worth your friendship?