best friend killed herself

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by bck, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bck

bck Active Member

The people who were in chat, thank you. I am sorry. Y'all are great people. Y'all are very sweet and carrying. I just can't do it. I am done.

2. BlueSky

BlueSky Member

WAIT!!! Please don't!!

3. BlueSky

BlueSky Member

I'm so so sorry that your friend passed away. No one should have to go through that. That certainly doesn't mean that you should kill yourself too!! It isn't worth it, and I don't want to be rude or assume anything, but your friend would probably want you to be strong for her.

4. bck

bck Active Member

This is not just because of her. It just the final thing.

5. BlueSky

BlueSky Member

It does seem overwhelming, but what I said earlier is still true. It's not worth it to end your life when you have the potential to do something better than giving up. Please don't make a permanent decision based on feelings that will start to fade as time passes (I'm totally not saying you'll forget completely, but time does help make it more bearable). You will realize later that suicide may seem like the easy way, but it most certainly isn't the best.
    If you need to talk about it, I'm open by the way.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
  6. bck

bck Active Member

I sent you a pm... I think

7. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

you are NOT alone here.

8. soulreaper

soulreaper Well-Known Member

sorry about your friend, I hope you make it thru without offing yourself.

9. bck

bck Active Member

Oh well. Doesn't matter if I do. But thanks

10. soulreaper

soulreaper Well-Known Member

sure it matters, you will be missed by someone

11. bck

bck Active Member

I highly doubt it

12. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

How can you say it doesn't matter when you can see here that it does to many so reach out in real life and get some supports in place to keep you safe ok

13. bck

bck Active Member

there is nobody in real life. The only person there was, is dead because I failed her.

14. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

..and you will fail her again if you do it too...why don't you live for both of you...you might feel lonely at first..but something or someone will surely come along the way..

15. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Live on to commemorate her memory hun do that for her

16. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I'm so sorry about your friend's death, about your loss. :hug:

You didn't fail her, she made her own choice. Please, don't blame yourself.

If you kill yourself, it adds to the sadness and tragedy of her death. How about living and making your life as good as possible to honor how much your friend meant and still means to you? I think she would want others to live.

Keep talking to us, bck. Be safe and stay strong.

17. bck

bck Active Member

I'm sorry everyone

18. Qwurty2.0

Qwurty2.0 Member

You have nothing to be sorry about. No matter how much it hurts or how much you want to punish yourself, what your friend did was ultimately out of your control. Your friend would need you to be strong.

You need to reach out for support, if not professional then at least from someone else your close to. And if you can't do that, then post here or other places. There are thousands of people who have gone through what you are and they want to help, but you need to open up and talk about what you're feeling. It's not easy and you'll fight it and anyone who tells you to, but you need to talk. No one will put you down or accuse you for feeling grief over your lost friend and everything else you're dealing with.

If you don't want to talk here, there are several sites that are much more active (no offense to suicideforum) such as depressionforums and takethislife. Depression forum is an all around general thread for depression, abuse, rape, BPD, Bipolar, etc. and info/numbers if you need to call a hotline or something, and takethislife is similar to suicideforum.

Keep reaching out and please talk about how you are feeling. I haven't lost a friend to suicide, but I've suffered abuse and possible molestation and bottling it up caused more harm long-term than good. We're here for you.

19. bck

bck Active Member

I know the sexual and physical abuse very well. I delt with it from the age 3-18. I have never been able to just talk. And she was more than my best friend. She was my sister. I just was not wanting to admit, even to myself, just how alike we were. She was the only person that i was able to truley talk to about anything. I have never been able to just open up and talk. But thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.