Best friend started hanging out with the person who emotionally abused me

Rosie21098

I've noticed this with a lot of my friends. When it came out what he was doing and saying to me they were all saying that they were not going to talk to him, some blocked him on social media and saying how they were so shocked that he was like that. Not even a few days later they were talking about him in front of me saying how nice he is and although what he did to me was awful they felt bad so they were going to start talking to him again!! I get it, but why say those things in the first place if you are just going to backtrack yourself a few days later?! It made me feel so stupid and kind of made me feel like he didn't actually do anything wrong. My best friend was telling me how angry she was at him and that she should actually ask him why he's being so horrible to me but said she didn't want to get involved then just 2 months later she starts hanging around with him and his friends and I have to see photos of them together on snapchat! She told me the other day when we were talking about him that she likes him now and about how funny and nice he is, so I told her that she's obviously forgotten what he did and she said that she hadn't but he's still a nice person!! If this was just another one of my friends, I would be bothered but not that bothered but this is my BEST friend!!

Last edited:

foreverbeach11

HI Rosie, I'm sorry you are going through this. Relationships can be hard and people don't always do what we expect them to do. Sometimes friendships are just for a season. Our friends come and go and we make new friends. Have you thought that since your best friend wasn't directly involved with your former boyfriend that it doesn't bother her as much? Maybe she was angry but maybe he treats her nice. Maybe consider not participating in snapchat or the other social media if it upsets you. We all deserve respect and so do you. Wishing you the best.

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Sounds to me like it maybe time for some new friends. If not then at least tell them not to talk about him in front of you.
I would definitely give social media a break.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00