Best friends funeral

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by MaNg0s, Jan 9, 2012.

1. MaNg0s

MaNg0s Well-Known Member

My best friend killed himself last week it involved a train won't say any more. His funeral is this Thursday , to get to the this funeral I have to take a train its the only way up there so on the day of his funeral I will have to be at the same place he died before and after the service. I even tried looking for coach tickets but there isn't a coach that leaves early enough to get there in time for the service. I have been to funerals before like my grandparents away but this just feels different. I get the whole seeing the casket helps the acceptance process of it all but I have accepted it. Is it wrong to not go ? Sorry if this seems all muddled my head is just a mess at the moment.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun your friend would understand if you could not make it to his funeral It is hard hun but i chose not to go to such things as i want to remember the one passing as they were alive not on the day of their funeral It is up to YOU hun you have to do what is best for you on that day hugs

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am so sorry for you loss...that is awful...You have to do what is best for you...in the long run, will you regret that you did not go, or will you be OK with it? Once you have a notion how you would be best, that is what you should do

4. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Dear MaNgOs - Please accept my condolences for the loss of your friend. I'll add my voice to those above - going, or not going is something for you to decide, and depends on your frame of mind when that time comes.

And when it comes, regardless of your choice, please post for your friends at SF. We care.

We do our best to help each other through bad times and good times. Chance are that someone here has experienced the same dilemma.

Take care of yourself.