Best T.V programs

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Petal, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have a lot of channels in my room, it's a large combination and not a specific like sky, anyway don't laugh but I watch Jeremy Kyle(it's amusing), Judge Judy, Jail, Cold Blood, Unsolved mysteries and 2 and a half men,2 broke girls. So my question is am I missing out on any good programs, would love to hear what you're watching :) x
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

I'm hooked on game of thrones, orange is the new black and ny med
  3. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

game of thrones, orange is the new black, suits, 24 (which just finished), marvel agents of shield, continuum, thats it for what im watching thats live or recent atm, most everything else is a bit older.
  4. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Oh nooooooooo Petal :rofl:

The only ever decent Jeremy Kyle shows in my opinion are when he talks to injured kids and asks them about how they became injured and then the production company take them all to Disneyland. As for the rest of his shows I reckon groups of people get together in a pub, make up a story so as to appear on the show. "Television is not for watching, it is for appearing on" as the saying goes. I agree with you Petal it is often amusing watching all those chav's :lol: "My sister had sex with my boyfriend/girlfriend" (whichever boat you are on :lol:) etc etc

Strangely enough I do have a story ideal for that show but the other parties would die of shame washing their dirty laundry in public. Believe it or not my Dad is now married to who WAS my future sister-in-law; yes really :lol: Peter my brother (names have NOT been changed so as not to protect the innocent :lol:)had a relationship with Susan but about the time Peter returned to the RAF as military ATC Controller (previously he was a fighter pilot) Susan contracted Multiple Sclerosis. Susan moved to Bournemouth where Dad decorated her flat and subsequently they fell in love with each other. Dad & Susan moved to the Isle of Arran in Scotland where Susan was born and eventually moved back to the mainland when Susan's condition worsened. They now live in Southport Merseyside (previously Lancashire until they changed the county boundaries) with Dad as Susan's full time carer. After Susan Peter went to work in Tokyo where he met Ryoko. Peter & Ryoko now live in Amersham in the Home Counties & have a seventeen year old daughter Poppy who Dad never sees as Peter has disowned his Dad.

How about that for a JK subject??!!

But anyway back to your question Petal:

Most programmes from the 70's:

+Man About the House (currently showing on ITV3 (Freeview Channel 10) plus the spin-offs George & Mildred and Robins Nest

+Coronation Street & Emmerdale (How sad is that? :rofl:)

+Anything Science Fiction such as the original 70's Tomorrow People

+Classic kids TV such as the Saturday morning kids show TISWAS and Multi Coloured Swapshop. Then there is Blue Peter but Magpie was better

That's a few of very many
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
  5. Petal

Hahaha it's just as bad as when my aunt and her boyfriend were in a relationship for a long time and he left her for my other aunt and they had a child totally destroying families. They're so nuts I think they would go on JK lol
  6. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I wonder what the percentage is of real problems against invented ones of the people who appear on JK? Remember the show Vanessa? (Sorta uk version of Oprah Winfrey) A lot of guests had stories engineered by the production team. After this was exposed ITV dropped Vanessa Felt's show, Then there was Trisha and Kilroy on the other side. I was on Kilroy five time: First time about Dangerous Dogs in '91 when the Dangerous Dogs Act came into force; the second about political correctness (Whereas the DDA one was transmitted live from Wood lane subsequent shows were recorded three a day at Teddington & Elstree to be broadcast later); the third about superstitions; the fourth about relationships over 60 and the fifth about clinical trials for humans rather than animals. The only one to be canned & not broadcast was the one about political correctness as it was too controversial for pre watershed as 9am is a whole twelve hours before the kids should be in bed though of course they watch their own tv's in their rooms
  7. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

As for clinical trials you can earn anything between £800 and £4k depending on length of trial and course of drugs administered. I wont post any links here to specific pharmaceutical companies as anyone interested can easily search for companies should they wish to
    Basically you go one day for screening then you spend time in the ward Wednesday to Sunday then have follow up appointments every second day for six occassions & then they mail you the cheque/check. Obviously if you are in a relationship and maybe have kids you probably wont want to participate but for a single gal/guy it is a good way to make money perhaps for a deposit on a house ready for when you are in a relationship (or not as the case may be)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
  8. Petal

I think JK problems actually do portray what real life problems do exist and often. DNA tests etc.. are done. My sister had a baby and the dad refused to say the baby was his, so his sister demanded and paid for a DNA test on my niece and of course he was the dad (my sis isn't a tramp). So I personally think problems on the show are within the boundaries of real life.

Also, I'm too young to remember those shows :p

The clinical trials do seem interesting! I'm going to look them up, thanks :)
  9. GreySand

GreySand Member & Antiquities Friend

Top Gear and Red Dwarf... And I thought that BBC2 was supposed to be a highbrow channel...
  10. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Not anymore as it has rather gone down hill from its roots of culture
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.