Best way to utilize this site?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by TheBLA, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I know, sounds like a strange question. But I've been here for over two years and haven't done anything here, just like with my shit life. I'm sure the answer is very obvious and easy for lots of people, but not me, since I am so different and inferior to everyone else. Its either mostly or all my fault that I'm not making any progress.

Whats the best way to use this site? Like go to the chat room often, PM people, chat with them on instant messenger, etc?? :unsure:

2. Onion

Onion Guest

No one here is inferior to anyone else, even if they believe they are.

The best way to get stuff out of the site is to give something to it, but there is not one hard and fast way to do that.

You could try
    ~Posting on the more fun forums and joining in games.
    ~Supporting people.
    ~Talking to people in chat.
    ~Being a site buddy.
    ~Sending friendly PMs to people.

There are loads of ways to do it. Put yourself about, get to know people, tell the truth (not saying you are a liar, but some people are and they won't get out of the site as much as they could rather than if they told the truth). It's not hard, but it can be a bit scary at first. Just throw yourself into it.

With regards to not doing anything with your life, you can achieve and do things. Maybe you could make little targets to work towards a good end outcome, like your ideal job, or something you view as worthwhile.

3. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I wanted to bump this. I see so many helping, caring people that I can so relate to, but I am not proactive, and so nothing happens. Its all my fault for being silent and not speaking and making friends, JUST like in real life. :sad:
    I just want to belong, not be on the outskirts like I do just posting in Coffee Lounge mostly.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2007
  4. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Bump again, sorry!!! Your post was very good Onion but I'd like to hear more! I'm an outcast everywhere, including this site, I want to belong somewhere and be cared about and all that good stuff.

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

You have already started...welcome...if you ever want to 'talk' (write/read), PM me...hope your journey is a good one...all the best, J

6. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

How about just sitting quietly in the chatroom for a bit? It helped me...there's no need to talk or anything at first - it may just help you feel more confident around the people who are in there often.

If you get up the courage to speak or feel like you'd want to be closer friends with someone then you could pm them.

Once you start to make friends that way you may start to feel like you're going somewhere.

You're not inferior! Never believe that!

:hug:

7. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Thanks, unlike everyone else here, I don't (or can't?) want to talk about my many problems, don't want to use this very helpful website, when I should try to get rid of my depression ASAP as its just ruining my crappy life.

I just lurk and am passive, not active, just like my real life, doing nothing, need to get on the tracks and make some progress!!!

8. Nessarose

Nessarose Well-Known Member

Sometimes I PM people. Coffee Shop is a good place to go to talk.

9. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

I agree with Nessarose. The coffee shop is a good place to find people who are interested in the same things as you which can make it easier to break the ice. Maybe do a thread on something you enjoy, or used to enjoy or something you look forward to enjoying. It is worth a try. Chat isn't always the best option as it can feel quite clique in there but if you know people in there or really need to talk it is quite accomadating most of the time. I guess it is just about putting your neck out sometimes which I know is not easy for most of us at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.