Beyond tired

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by normaljoe, Apr 2, 2016.

1. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

Im not even upset at my life at this point. I just want relief from this constant state of exhaustion. The thought of suicide is tempting not just end it all but to not feel so used up anymore. Im ready to have a breakdown just from fighting sleep ALL DAY LONG. From having to battle to get up in the morning. Caffiene does nothing anymore. 2 pots 3 pots coffee doesnt matter, i am still indescribily exhausted. And after all of this to finally fall asleep just to have nightmares. Can i not escape?
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Sorry you're so tired. Exhaustion is never fun to deal with.
    Are you on any kind of sleep aids? Perhaps it's time to see your doctor about your problems with getting sleep enough? I would recommend it to be honest.

How about cutting back on caffeine? I know that sounds counter productive, but perhaps it would give you some proper rest if you didn't have it buzzing in your body all the time...

Please take care of yourself and do not hurt yourself over this. *hugs*
    normaljoe likes this.
  3. sa-chan

sa-chan Active Member

Being tired/exhausted can be really frustrating.
    It sounds like a major problem might be your sleep not being really restful? Nightmares sure don't sound so well. I don't know the nature of your nightmares, are they specifically about something that bothers you or is it more general (or did you mean it metaphorically in your post)?
    I think looking into this with a doctor, as PhantomLady suggested, is a good idea. There are many things that can cause your exhaustion besides bad sleep. A common example is iron deficiency. However caffeine might also be the culprit, actually it takes quite some time until it completely leaves your body, so chances are that by the time you go to sleep it's still preventing you from having restful sleep. If you don't want to quit caffeine completely yet you might also try only drinking coffee in the first half of the day (or even only the morning if that is possible)?
    Then again I went to a doctor twice because of my constant tiredness and she literally told me to exercise more. :mad: Well we ruled out the common physical issues, I'm perfectly physically healthy (as far as I was checked). Maybe I also just require tons of sleep to not be tired all the time.
    normaljoe likes this.