1. Fuzzy Monkey

Fuzzy Monkey Well-Known Member

could it be possible that a person could only need a boyfriend to be happy. i dont know how long this is goin to last but i have a new bofriend and i havent been depressed since. i feel alot happier now and i dont know y.maybe its just the feelin of being acepted by someone.

2. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Glad ya feel great :)

Love and being accepted feels great doesn't it? :D

I'll put this in the positive messages section :)

3. Fuzzy Monkey

ok yeah but for how long thats what im wonderin

4. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Enjoy it as it is at the moment :)

If it lasts, then that's great :D

If it doesn't, then now you know that you're desirable and you can attract people, so why can't another person come along? :)

5. Fuzzy Monkey

yeah i guess but im afraid of gettin hurt again

6. Lady E

Lady E Well-Known Member

You don't necessarily need a significant other to feel happy but when you are in a good and health relationship with someone it can have a positive effect on the way you feel and your general outlook on things.
    I hope all keeps going well for you and that you keep feeling not depressed!

7. Fuzzy Monkey

thank lady and for all that replied i know i dont need him but it feels good to know that i have somethin important in my life somethin to keep livin for to keep fightin for.

8. Being in a relationship does help lessen depression if you are depressed. Being in a relationship helps you to feel happier, even if you are not depressed. Also, patience is very important and even if there are some issues, don't assume the worst until it happens too often, then assume the worst. I panicked when my girlfriend disappered, then she reappeared after other issues had occured, and well, now it's very complicated. Anyways, if I end up losing, I'll end up dead because the idea of remaining disabled whilst being alone again, doesn't appeal to me at all. Please take care of yourself in your new relationship, grateful dead.

Last edited: May 13, 2007
  9. Fuzzy Monkey

i will try to keep him as happy as possible i know hed never cheat on me and hes not a druggie or a cutter he has some learning disability but i help him with his work so its good. thanks for the replies. *hug