Bi/Gay Christians

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by absolution, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

2. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

It's not that the bible says anything about 'putting to death' any man who lies with a man as he lies with a woman.. :)

3. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Wait. Huh?? Im so confused XD sorry haha :laugh:

4. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

Leviticus 20:13, various translations and editions:

* ASV: (American Standard Version, 1901) "And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
    * Darby: (J.N. Darby Translation, 1890): "And if a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall certainly be put to death; their blood is upon them."
    * ESV: (English Standard Version): "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."
    * HNV: (Hebrew Names Version): "If a man lies with a male, as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
    * KJV: (King James Version): "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."
    * LB: (Living Bible): "The penalty for homosexual acts is death to both parties. They have brought it upon themselves."
    * NASB: (New American Standard Bible): "'If {there is} a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them. "
    * Net Bible: "If a man has sexual intercourse with a male as one has sexual intercourse with a woman, the two of them have committed an abomination. They must be put to death; their blood guilt is on themselves." 1
    * NIV: (New International Version) "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."
    * NKJV: (New King James Version) "If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."
    * NLT: (New Living Translation): "The penalty for homosexual acts is death to both parties. They have committed a detestable act, and are guilty of a capital offense."
    * RSV: (Revised Standard Version): "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them."
    * Webster: (Noah Webster Version, 1833): "If a man also shall lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them."
    * Young: (Robert Young Literal Translation, 1898) "And a man who lieth with a male as one lieth with a woman; abomination both of them have done; they are certainly put to death; their blood [is] on them."

Leviticus 18:22 (New International Version)

22 " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

Of course, like most modern christians, you can go right ahead and ignore that. I mean, it's not like the bible is to be taken seriously, or followed, right? :eek:

5. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Nvm, in after clarifying post.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2010
  6. XsweetpoetX

XsweetpoetX Well-Known Member

I find this kind of offensive. I mean was all of that really needed. You can be bisexual and a christian,God loves all of his children equally.It does not mean you do not take the bible or God seriously. All you need to believe is that Jesus died on the cross for your sins. No one is perfect,everyone sins. God knows that.

7. Kemra

Kemra Well-Known Member

Um, the bible is meant to be the 'word of god', if you don't take it seriously then your denying the god of the bible exists, your effectively making up your own version of god to fit your beliefs/morals. As for jesus dying for all our sins that gives a magical get out of jail free card to all sinners? We can sin as much as we like but its ok because believing in jesus automatically cleanses those sins as long as we say a prayer stating that we're sorry before bed?

:i'm sorry: I just find it hypocritical that gays, people that enjoy a bit of fornicating, drunks, blasphemers, etc, etc, etc all preach that they love the christian god when the bible makes it so clear that he HATES them all and will send them to burn in hell when they die. Not just that but people deliberately misinterpret the story of jesus, yes he died on the cross for our sins, but the idea behind that is your forgiven your sins if you repent and turn to god and jesus, giving up your sinful ways. So yep, its ok to be gay, but if you believe in god its not ok because you know his stance on gays and need to stop your sinning for your soul to be saved.

*sigh* Why can't people see mainstream religion for what it is and why can't people who feel in their hearts that there is a supreme deity find one of the many religions that truly does preach love and tolerance both in word and deed.

8. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Hmm... wow okay then. Well thank you for that? No need to be rude about it. Wow..

9. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

That is exactly what i was try to say :). Jesus never said it was wrong. Just to love each other. And Jesus died for all sins. Thanks hun :hug:

10. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

He NEVER said he hated them. I think you need to read again. God loves all. God doesn't hate. If being gay is wrong God treats it jut liek any other sin. it says in the Bible that no sin is greater than another. So if gays are going to hell so arnt liars and thieves and every other sinner. this is ridiculous. Ugh im sick of this.

11. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Can this thread be locked? I dont see the point in it.. Its just turning into a bash people thread and its not what i meant for it :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.