Bi polar and off meds

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by ZakPup, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZakPup

ZakPup Well-Known Member

Hi all I'm off my meds and for the past week i've been on an emotional roller coaster going from deep deep suicidal depression to super happy. I've noticed that as time went on the intervals between my switches has been increasing and now I'm at today where my time in this depressive state has been 8 hours, and I'm stuck here. Just everything that anyone says sends me deeper and deeper into this depression. I have a bottle of codine and I'm looking at it thinking of taking a lot to make everything numb. Takes the pain away right? Someone please help me!

2. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Hi, not really experienced in BP, but that increased interval between switches sounds a good thing?
    The codeine will not take the pain away, but it may take everything away which would be a loss to us.

Do any of the bi-polar online places offer help? Sorry I cannot help more ZakPup.

3. Anneinside

Anneinside Well-Known Member

Why are you off your meds? Were they effective? You should consider contacting your psychiatrist or going to the ER. I have bipolar and am on medication. When I feel better there is a temptation to think I don't need my meds.... but I do. Feeling better means the medication is working and you need to stay on it. I hope you will reconsider and start taking your meds again and get whatever help you need - pdoc and ER if necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.