• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Bi-Polar Disorder and Migraines

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do they have in common? I've been wondering about it for some time. I just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about the effects they have on eachother. Can the low phases cause a migraine? Or can a migraine cause a low phase? I know its an odd question, but I cant find information on it anywhere, and I would really like to know.

My mother has Bipolar Disorder.

She also has frequent migraines. I seem to think the low phases can cause migraines. They usually follow a manic episode, which often consists of little eating, bad sleeping habits, and impulsive substance abuse.

I think, in some cases, that may contribute.

Otherwise, maybe the depression itself --during low phases-- can lead to excessive stress, which can lead to migraines.

I have not been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. However, I have been diagnosed with Depression. Frequently, when feeling emotionally unwell, all of the emotional stress can cause pounding headaches.

Although I'm not entirely sure. That's just my best guess.

hmmm idk about that. when i first started my new mood stablizer it gave me migranes for the first few days. Though sometimes when im hypomanic i get headaches from being awake for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00