bi polar/ paranoid schizophrenia

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by wheresmysheep, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

well this is what the lovely doctor has given me as a prognosis.
    i feel completely hopeless. :laugh:
    serioussly, my mum asked and when i told her she sighed, looked away, went to take a drag of her cigarette and just before she did she said; bullshit.

and well i feel like a fucking lunatic. a pointless waste of space.
    yeah great i may have found whats wrong with me, but what does it mean?
    a life on mood stabalizers. great fucking life.

anyone got some info not from google, i mean personal experiences. or even just words of support ya know for a support forum thers not many

2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i distanced myself from unhealthy family and friends, all my feelings became a lot more understandable and i didn't need medication nor did i feel so fucking persecuted, and the feelings of persecution and attack, didn't come from no-where, it came from what people had done to me and how they'd violated my boundaries all through my life.

with being unpleasantly high. same thing. stress. and how good quality sleep, diet and exercise was so important to deal with anxiety.

loads of people don't take medication and have a diagnoses of bipolar/schizophrenia and aren't in hospital or see themselves as lunatics.

:hug:

3. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I found that some friends and family who accepted my mood swings and eccentric behaviour for years suddenly changed their attitudes towards me when they found out my diagnosis. The worst offender was my best friend from age 16 to 30 and then just stopped talking to me, I found out his reason was that I should have told him years earlier!!!!!!! My Dad has never accepoted I have a mental health problem, he considers me an attention seeking pain in the arse, I'm glad I don't speak to him anymore. There is enough stigma attached to those with mental health conditions, you don't need those close to you to turn their back.

Sometimes I feel like a lunatic too, I accept it and take my meds like an obliging laboratory rat, even if life feels boring whilst under their influence. I have friends with similar conditions who mange to live their lives with meds, and I wish I could too, but within a month of stopping I end up sectioned for 28 days on a ward. Life sucks and shit happens.

4. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

My full evaluation is next friday.
    i'm shitting it

5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

if you have anyone around that you can trust, a friend, boyfriend or whoever, it's good to have them with you. that way you any wishes you have about what goes on and any treatment will be supported by them. from experience, when you're on yourself, the more they can kinda be a little domineering and not listen to what you're expressing, which could be (just an idea)...that you're under a lot of stress right now and taking away/acknowledging external stresses and having a therapist who listens to what you're saying and finding out what they mean for you, might help what you're going through and might make you feel less anxious. these are just a few thoughts as i don't know exactly what you're experiencing and what is causing you so much distress :hug:

i wish you all the best though and will be thinking of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.