*big* or *fat*? *might trigger*

U

Unregistered1987

i want some honest opinions here.
when does someone change from being *big* to being *fat*?
what size? what weight?
15st2....fat.....all agree??
when should someone decide its time to just give up and stop eating?
how big can you get before you admit you have a problem?
big people are a turn off to men yea? but how big? when does it start being a problem?
i really should just go back into my hole now

Scum

Working out someones BMI can be a guide to someone being overweight. But it is not the be all and end all because it does not take into account the difference between muscle weight and fat weight.

15 stone 2 could be perfectly healthy in the right circumstances.

No one should ever decide to give up and stop eating, that can cause an eating disorder and is incredibly unhealthy. If someone wants to lose weight then the best way to do that is moderate exercise and a healthy diet. If they are really concerned they could go to their doctor to talk about a plan to help them lose weight.

I think the last few questions can't be asnwer by me, and a lot comes down to the individual in question.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
I guess it becomes fat when medically you are classed obese..very unhealthy.

Personally, I know I'm fat when:

nothing I have in the wardrobe fits anymore
my bum is the size of a truck
joints(specially knees) are complaining
and I seem to have acquired a second chin:blink: :ohmy:

As to men findidng it unattractive, well apparently there are some men (there is a club in the UK just for these peeps) who want really fat women:blink: saw a programme on the TV about it!!
So I guess some wont like it and some will!!

Don't starve self, that makes your body go into starvation mode..slowing down your metabolic rate. You lose the weight and the minute you eat anything it gets stored as fat cos your metabolism is now so slow=back to being fat on half the calories:ohmy:
Sensible diet and exercise= slow loss that stays off:biggrin:

Scum

If we're going by BMI here, I won't agree. My stepdad is counted as obese, and he's a skinny twig! :blink:
That's why I explained about how it doesn't take into account fat weight and muscle weight.

Tom Cruise is counted as obese, but that's because he is slim but has a lot of muscle, which weighs more than fat.

So I totally agree with what you say.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
If that's true, I'm in alot of trouble - there's at least 19 stone of me right now :mellow:[/QUOTE]

Ah but how tall are you?

19stone and 5'=enormous
19 stone and 6'= fine

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
you is talking to short round person...begining to feel as round as she is tall.
Ah well perhaps I can get a job as a space hopper.:dry:

F

}{Feather Pen}{

I have no idea how much a "stone" weighs :unsure:
:agreed: I have no idea what you guys are talking about. We measure our weight in pounds. In pounds, depending on height and gender. Me, I'm almost to the very obese stage. I'm 5'6" and weigh 170lbs. I weighed 180 not even 2 weeks ago but I quit drinking soda and drink nothing but water now.

run4fun

it also depends on height and shape. my health teacher said just try eating healthy and the weight will eventually follow. it's not a cure all. but at least your healthy, awake more and losing a little more weight. skin complexion is better.

F

}{Feather Pen}{

Yes, but how long will it take? I mean, switching over to nothing but water has done a great job in two weeks, but I know I have a long way to even be able to compete with my sisters. :(

F

}{Feather Pen}{

No no no, I've drank nothing BUT water. I don't drink soda anymore. Less calories in my diet which has reduced my weight.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00