Big problem:I have low sex drive, what should I do about it?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by ToddMAdl, Feb 28, 2011.

1. ToddMAdl

ToddMAdl Well-Known Member

I have low libido and it really is heartbreaking since I'm only 21. I have an anxiety disorder that I and this psychologist I've recently been seeing thinks is social phobia disorder that is accompanied by depression so I'm stressed out a lot. Could that be the reason? I can masturbate on my own time but often I'm not even in the mood to do that. The last girl I was with a few weeks ago, I could not perform and that caused me a lot of distress. What should I do?
    Should I tell this therapist about this problem? I'm kind of going crazy and I have no idea where to turn. Thanks.

2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. As you stated about yourself, I think mine is a by-product of my anxiety disorders/depression. I have no idea what I'm ment to do but it's not like I'm looking/really going to be in a relationship.

Have you ever thought of anxiety meds? They sound like they work for most people.

3. Androgyny

Androgyny Well-Known Member

Sex drive can be absolutely crippled by anxiety. Since clearing the worst of it, mine has been out of control. Up... down.... Don't doubt your state of mind in this respect. If you're happy, sex is better. Work on getting to that place within yourself before trying to become a sexual conquistatidor.