Binge eating problem

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Yoyogirl86, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Yoyogirl86

Yoyogirl86 Well-Known Member

Hey all

I am really struggling at the moment with complusive overeating and I don't know what to do about it. I have tried speaking to my rather dismissive GP and had no success. Just the usual we all do that at times and it really doesn't help the problem. I don't know why I do it and I am often not aware that I am doing at times. I have tried to stop a few times on my by not restricting and avoiding the foods that cause me issues but nothing seems to work.

I have also spoken to the cmht and although my psych is aware she's not that interested (again probably due to talks with GP)

What can I do to stop this from happening?

2. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

I know struggling with food is hard. Mine in the past was the anorexia and bulimia. I found an app called Recovery Record - designed for those struggling with an eating disorder of all kinds. Maybe try it? I downloaded it again yesterday. Ran across a problem and now need to keep track again. Know I'm here if you want to talk. Hugs
  3. MisterBGone

I don't think that it can be done with willpower. Which is why most people need some kind of help--specialized or not (as in treatment). I think...
  4. Yoyogirl86

I agree with misterbgone, that's why I am going to speak to my psych in a couple of couple of months about and also my gp and be firm with them as i am struggling to beat this alone, i need some professional help
  5. concerned07

concerned07 Member

Try to find a substitute for the eating. Get yourself some light weights and when you get the urge do some exercises instead. You would be surprised how good it will make you feel.
  6. Yoyogirl86

I have tried however when I am completely zoned out I have no control of what I am doing its like i am in different world and not in reality or like I am seeing my self on the television/through a glass window and I am not there.