1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

binge eating

Discussion in 'Appearance and Body Image' started by Oliver A., Feb 20, 2018.

1. Oliver A.

Oliver A. Active Member

I’m concerned for my health.

I eat constantly, it’s my way of dealing with everything. When I’m sad, stressed, tired, even bored, I turn to food. I feel ill at ease if I’m not eating. It makes me feel calm.

Over the past couple of months, I’ve been to the doctor’s and psychiatrist’s constantly for antidepressant related issues. Every time I go, they have to weigh me. I have gained ten pounds. I’m still at a pretty healthy weight since I was naturally pretty small, but I’m gaining weight quite steadily. Ten pounds isn’t really that much weight, but it feels like a lot. I feel ugly.

I try to resist, but I can’t. Of course I’m not dealing with a full blown eating disorder here, but I’m concerned it may turn into that.

2. Innocent Forever

Innocent Forever Go as long as you can. And then take another step. Chat Pro SF Supporter

Can you ask your psychiatrist for therapy or counselling and ask what they think about it?
    For if you're dealing with life by eating, learning to deal with life in a healthier way will take away the need to handle life with food. And getting an arsenal of tools through therapy can only help
    Sending loadsa hugs and strength your way.

3. Paisley

Paisley a pattern made of minty teardrops SF Supporter

I'm not sure if this would work for you but maybe you could balance out your eating by exercising, as well? That way more of the calories are being burned off

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

10lbs is not that much weight as you know yourself but instead of focusing how you are going to lose the 10lbs focus on how not to put on a further 10lbs. I suggest you see a nutritionist they will be able to assess and help you lose or maintain. good luck wit whatever you choose to do.

5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Seeing is Believing Forum Pro SF Supporter

It sucks when it spirals out of control. Remember its in your control not the medication. Start being accountable for each meal/snacks and having a tracking app helps