Bins in London tracking your movment

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by justMe7, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

That it's UK, you have offically crossed further into the DANGEROUS INVASIVE ZONES. You are not prepared to do this. Fuck you guys, you watch everyone on cameras, now you are indirectly tracking people with their phones?

Eventually your entire movment will be tracked. I've seen systems like this where movement is stored, and then used to analize your places and other related things. But this those were in GAMES. Not in our everyday life. I'm sorry but this is a clear invasion into peoples freedoms. You have no right to track me or take ANY OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION without my consent unless for some reason I am BREAKING THE LAW.

They say they don't know who anyone is. Well that's a load of shit. Your MAC address is uniquie identifier. If they have that you are indirectly being stored. IF they take that they are creating a data base. IF they claim IT'S ANONYMOUS they'll default define that database as an anonymous data storage and could give open access to it to other agencies or companies. Even so, the main point is you are being tracked. Let alone all the problems and invasive issues that come along after this point.

So stupid. You'll just do whatever the hell you want to.

2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

W....t....f.... ?

*looks around to shop for a nokia 3210*....

3. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

Wow... yeah sod that... think I need to downgrade...

4. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Maybe I wasn't paranoid the government were watching me after all...

5. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

This thread made me laugh... people have no idea how insecure their data is...in my spare time you could say pentesting and "hacking" are my hobby. For a laugh i decided to pentest a neighbours network, once on the network i used MITM attacks (using YAMAS and easy-creds) to gather all sorts of data/passwords/logins/cookies. I kindly left them an anonymous letter explaining all of their lacking security and details on how to secure themselves.
    Before i moved to the village i lived in a local town, i used the wifi pineapple (yes man system) to gather data in public.
    Anything wireless is not secured. I also for a laugh got onto a neighbours network and used their wireless printer to send them "letters from god"....Spreading the love lol.
    I have never met a wifi network or mobile phone that is fully secure yet, its because of this i dont rely on wireless.

P.s check your routers, if it has WPS enabled, you are one of the easiest to break into and really really should change router! WPA with a good random password is better than any WPA2 system.

I implore people to learn to hack, it opens your eyes as to how insecure most systems are, many beyond a joke! (especially windows....seriously people, how can you stand windows...use linux, there are user friendly linux operating systems now, just look at ubuntu)

6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Thank God I hate mobiles and have an old one that is rarely to never on.

7. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

messed up, but not surprised. Good thing I don't live in the UK. 1984 is vastly approaching

8. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

It's something to keep in mind. I more or less agree with Bhawk about being aware of your technology. It's very difficult to keep up with the times of how things are moving. It is to a degree your own responsibility to learn so you can better prepare yourself mentally and practically if you care about your privacy. Not everyone, but many will always take advantage of people if there is an opportunity. So if your wireless devices are open without any network security you are walking around with an open wallet of your information. While it's not an excessive big deal, it will be eventually, though I'm sure they'll excellerate privacy and security features. But like anything, it can be compromised.

It should be noted that it is a company, not the government doing this, in this particular instance. Access to your private information from Governments is an entirely different subject. This is just dealing with the corporations in the public.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.