Bipolar Disorder/Depression

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Screaminginsilence, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Screaminginsilence

Screaminginsilence Well-Known Member

I was diagnosed with depression at 17, but after keeping more notice of my mood and mood swings and reading up more i do think i have Bipolar

I go from high to low very quickly, each one can last days to weeks and even months.

Ive lied and feel like ive lived a double life for a while, i treated my man like crap and lied to him about all sorts and i honestly didnt feel right within myself when i did.

Anyway, where do i go from here? Do i tell the doc i think im on Bipolar - how is it diagnosed?

I have been on citalopram which was then changed and increased to Prozac, is the treatment the same?

Anyway, sorry for all the questions

P x
  2. Jemi200

Jemi200 Well-Known Member

Sorry for all the questions? It's fun for severe bipolar people.

To some of your questions, you could be if you noticed yourself not just being loud and an ass but having major depression where you could even get suicidal. Tell your doctor, he/she is the one to diagnose.

Most people when learning tend to put every symptom on themselves and title. Let the professionals do that.

Right now that's all I can say but if you want you can PM me questions. I have 20 years life experience with the most severe form of bipolar, I'm sure you could gain some from asking.

Stay safe.
  3. Screaminginsilence

Screaminginsilence Well-Known Member

Ill just go to the doctors. Im certainly not trying to self diagnose as that would be very wrong. I think i am, but its for a professional to decide.
  4. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

Sounds like its possible you could have bipolar II and/or rapid cycling... anyway, the doctors will know best. Just keep in mind the psychiatric diagnoses for one patient can vary from professional to professional... one told me I had depression, another said I had bipolar II, and a final one said I had borderline personality.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.