Bipolar disorder !

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by tweetypie, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

So i had another app with my doc today because i had been having a few probs with the sertraline. I explaned to them that i had been feeling alot better but strangely drugged and speedy he just nodded as he usually does. I asked about the cbt app and if they had written to them yet and he said "cbt isnt always suitable for people with bipolar disorder" i said "i havent been diagnosed with bipolar disorder yet" and he said well someone has diagnosed you because its on your notes in red" im like what the hell.....isnt it against the rules to diagnose someone without even telling them ?? you will see in previous posts that its been suggested before but i didnt really think it was that and have NEVER discussed it with my doc cause they get funny when they think your trying to diagnose yourself. Now i have to wait till mon to find out whats going on WHAT IS WRONG WITH DOCTORS ???
  2. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

most don't have a clue, that's what!

i'm sorry this happened to you- i hope you get it sorted
  3. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

Thankyou :) im not really cross about them doing it as i have had no idea what was wrong with me for years and if you dont know what it is you cant get better but its a bit wrong for them to not even tell you...its like you have a mental health condition so you suddenly become a sub class of humanity without any rights !
  4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

the same thing happened with my doctor. the psych only said that they wouldn't eliminate it as a diagnosis, but they didn't think i was bipolar, but then they wrote to my family doctor and told him i was def. bipolar. it was a very confusing time for me. i felt like a fool when i told my doc i wasn't bipolar and he looked at me funny and said, yes you are.

the most important thing is that i'm now on teh correct medication and feeling much more stable.

hope you get it sorted.
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

It's not a problem with doctors.

It's a problem with doctors in the UK. FUCKING IDIOTS. See Kazine's thread.

However, it's positive that you did get diagnosed even if no one told you. Proper treatment time!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.