Bipolar Meds

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Tig-A-Lig, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tig-A-Lig

Tig-A-Lig Member

hey all,

I am having extreme highs and lows lately, specially lows, I have not had a med change in like 3 years do you think thats why ?
    I need to find a new shrink I dont have one cuz I just moved to this town 3 months ago.

J

2. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

It is quite possible that your current medication is no longer effective or no longer at a therapeutic level. 3 years is a long time not to have your medication reviewed, you really do need to register with the local mental health services.

3. psychocandy

psychocandy New Member

I just reduced mine. Was on 300mg of Lamotragine, 3mg respiridone, I've dropped the respiriodne becuase of all the side effects and dropped to 200mg Lmtg. Not sure how it's gonna play out. Kinda nervous to be honest but I'm fed up of feeling so numb

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

The effects of medications will decrease with time as your body becomes used to them. You probably can use a slight increase in your dose.

5. princehappy

princehappy New Member

These are the Bipolar Meds:-
    1.Lithium, valproate and carbamezapine
    2.Antidepressants
    3.lorazepam
    4.benzodiazepines
    5.antipsychotics

6. I haven't been on meds for Bi-polar disorder for long (though I should have). Currently Im taking Paxil and Seroquel XR. At first, with the Paxil, I started noticing small changes but shortly there after that went away and the depression came back but somehow different this time.

The depression and self loathing etc. came back with a vengeance. I know I haven't exhausted all of my choices but its getting close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.