Bipolar stopping me going to the doctor

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hache, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

Firstly I think I have bipolar II, maybe that is just me trying to relate to the symptoms though.

Yesterday I was having one of my bad spells, really low, certain thoughts.

By the end of the night the moment was passing, I began to think right I need to go to the doctor, get meds or therapy so this doesnt happen again.

I woke up in the morning and felt fine. Also got plans for starting excersise and work tomorrow. So I do not feel like going to the doctors about it.

But I know at some point i'll be triggered again, it could be tomorrow, it could be next week, based on how things have been in the past 2 months it will happen quickly.

But I dont want to go get help because I dont feel like I need it right now.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Well make an appointment anyway just in case you can always cancell a day ahead of time if not needed I would go and just talk with doctor and tell him what is happening The time to go is when your well because you can communicate better then about your symptoms take care.

3. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

When i'm well I dont feel like there is anything wrong and I dont have the guts to ring up. When I feel like ringing they are never open and I know by the time it comes around I'll not be in the mood to go.

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Just do it. Force it. I'd suggest you seek addictive medication so that you won't quit that when you feel better, too.

5. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

I've planned on doing work and excersise now anyway so I wont go in the hope and expectancy that this will be followed through and I will be cured

6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

But it won't and you know that. Bipolar doesn't cause stupidity - that's your own decision.

7. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

who knows if it is bipolar or just a general mood stability problem caused by poor health, after two weeks of excersise and diet change and this current mood if I am still struggling I will reassess.

8. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

actually gunna do it, i'll book an appointment for next monday tomorrow

9. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

That's the way to go

10. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

cant guarantee I will do it, I have to wait til tomorrow to ring lol

11. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Good for you. Follow through!