Bipolar ?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Tealc, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tealc

Tealc Banned Member

all ways been a depressive for years, so far that i can't remember a time i wasn't, and i all ways had what i thought were just good days and bad days.

but a few months ago our company hired a new manager and today she took me to one side and asked if i was bipolar as she has noticed my mood swings are quite extreme, in her words when i am up then i am on the ball, working hard and quick, i tend to talk quicker and come up with all sorts of ideas and plans but then i crash and i'm down for a few days, getting frustrated and showing it quite badly, so much so that i can keep someone away with just a look.

so anyway, looking back i found she was right and with my down time my thoughts of suicide were stronger and more profound and after some research i have to agree that although i am my forties i may be bipolar rather than just depressed.

so i have got an appt to see my GP monday morning and see what happens.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Glad you are going to talk to your doctor hun and maybe get on meds to help you or get therapy as well way to go
  3. Tealc

Tealc Banned Member

was a good visit, for once the doctor listened and gave the help i need.
    have been put on Prozac and been refered to the mental health team for assessment regarding Bipolar, so i feel a bit better now action has been taken.

will see what happens now
  4. Tealc

Tealc Banned Member

got my assessment tomorrow, exactly a week after i went to the gp so that's quick.
    i feel a bit nervous about it but i know its for the best, fingers crossed !
  5. BeautifullyChaotic

BeautifullyChaotic Well-Known Member

Best of luck to you. Maybe jot down some notes, so you don't leave out anything you wanted to tell them, when we are nervous we tend to forget things here and there that we had to say, then on the way home find ourselves thinking "Man I forgot to tell him...".

You're in my thoughts! :)
  6. Tealc

Tealc Banned Member

thank you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.