birthday gift ideas?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by impulse617, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impulse617

impulse617 Well-Known Member

Ok so this is pretty important and idk if this is the right forum for this but I figured I would post here since this forum seems to be pretty popular.

Ok so anyways my friends birthday is coming in a couple of weeks and I'm not sure what to get her (she's in her early mid-twenties by the way). Me and her aren't officially in a relationship but we're kind of talking I guess we are in between friends and boyfriend-girlfriend (if she even still feels that way about me after last Saturday but that's a thought best saved for another thread so d/w about that. Anyways, I'm not really sure what to get her and its driving me crazy!!! I will feel really stupid and like an ass if I don't get her anything and I want her know how much I care about her. Money is no problem but id rather not get her anything extremely expensive, I don't want to make it look like I'm trying to buy her love and she's not the type to accept expensive things like that anyways.

She has a daughter that is barely a year old and loves the twilight series if it matters, maybe those 2 facts will help, I'm not sure as I know you don't know her but I can't figure out what to get! Obviously we're both way to old for freindship bracelets lol but are there any sort of adult versions of those out there? Like both people are friends forever if they have them? Not even sure if that type of gift is appropriate for the type of relationship we have but I'm having a hard time thinking of anything and I do want to find something that has a deep, emotional meaning.

Please help with any ideas or advice you guys can, thank you!

2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Are you in the UK? If you are then the Me To You range (like the bear in my avatar) has some cute friendship kinda stuff, they do magnets & keyrings that come in 2 parts, one half says 'friends always' & the other half says 'always friends'. Some people might find it cheesy but I like stuff like that.

As for a gift, I dunno I'm terrible at picking presents. What about concert tickets or tickets for a comedian, something like that? Or even plan a day out with your friend & her daughter? Sorry if these are lame ideas :unsure:.

3. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Deleted. Nevermind

4. impulse617

No, thank you for the response! Don't live in the uk though, and that does seem a little to cheesy, I would love to find something like that but maybe a little more mature version. Oh and the concert thing would be a great idea but there are no good concerts in my area in the near future unfortunately

5. jnine

jnine Well-Known Member

I'm not sure you need to be so very direct with the idea of forever friends as a words or a theme. i believe that you are putting much thought into your choice, and she will know this, no matter what you are gifting.

my most favorite thing as a gift is/was a clear glass prism in an origami box he made, because he wanted to give me rainbows, mushy for sure, but so so sweet.
    another friend made a pair of earrings for me once and i still love them today, there are lots of directions for making jewelry on youtube, or as he did go to a bead store and look around, someone there will be able to help you and assemble the final choices. Earrings work well since they're small, can be inexpensive and most likely you have an idea of her favorite colors and styles. But really most anything you can make well would be good, a collection of interesting things hung as a wind-chime/mobile is fun and personal. Or a book that you like wrapped nicely with a book she might like. Again a store person can help you find books with a similar feel as the Twilight series,

and as a final thought a potted plant or cut flowers are always a lovely thing to receive. if your friend has good luck with plants, potted is good but if not a nice bouquet in a pretty vase type thing can really be a wonderful,

And you might want to consider also taking along a very small gift for the daughter; a new safe for small children ball, or stuffie toy, a box of pre-school crayons and a coloring book (well maybe not crayons if she is so young) something not at all expensive but fun and safe for a small child, perhaps a Mylar balloon, they aren't as fragile or a swallowing hazard for a kiddle, as a latex balloon, the little will be happy and included and that's only ever a good thing.

6. impulse617

thanks for the ideas so far!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.