Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Ryan1, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan1

Ryan1 Well-Known Member

well today is my birthday, and couldn't be any sadder. Whats your guys opionion on birthdays?

If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move.
  2. ame solitaire

ame solitaire Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday!!!

I always find birthdays a disappointment...:sad:
  3. Ryan1

Ryan1 Well-Known Member

nd why is that?
  4. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

:birthday: Ryan.

I like celebrating other peoples birthdays, but I hate my own for 2 reasons really.

1. It's not long after Christmas/New Year time so people tend to forget. Which makes me paranoid that nobody likes me.

2. When people do remember, sometimes weeks later, they make a big deal about it. I can't handle being the centre of attention.

What is making you sad about your birthday?

5. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I don't really mind them. I figure they bring me that much closer to oblivion without any particular effort on my part. Other than the ol' breathe in-breathe out loop, I suppose. :rolleyes:

Edit: Hmmm, I suppose to get pedantic it is not so much that birthdays bring me closer, it is more like they're a signpost on the road to oblivion, if that makes any more sense.
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Happy Birthday!!
    I don't have birthdays anymore. I'm an old fart and quit counting years ago. Spent three years in a row in the hospital and no one gave a damn..Birthdays are for the young!!!
  7. ~Claire

Aww Joseph :hug:. You're not that old lol. Plus birthdays are for everyone, it's an excuse to get drunk if nothing else :hug:.
  8. Ryan1

Ryan1 Well-Known Member

All I want to do is cry. :( but I agree with the sign post thing.
  9. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i personally hate my birthdays, never really gte presents or anything its just another day, i'd rather ket it pass by and i'll wave at it as it goes.
    nexts one's my 21st and everyone wants a party :dry: great fun
  10. ~Claire

Parties are my idea of hell. At my 21st I told them I didn't want a party, at most I would go for a meal with close family. I was mortified as they hired some guy who dressed up as a bear for kids parties to present me with my birthday cake :shy:. Never again, after that I vowed I would go away for any important birthdays.
  11. plates

plates Well-Known Member

personally my birthday has no meaning to me. i'm not 24 yrs old full stop nor do i follow the way time goes for everyone else...
  12. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

ive hated every birthday since i turned 27 and that will be 2years ago in april. just feels like im now in the 'so this is what life is like... and im absolutly crap at it... and im celebrating another year of being crap at it'
  13. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I'll be 22 in May and since I was depressed in 2005, I've especially hated my birthdays, the day I had to be born even though my whole life hasn't been garbage, my childhood was good at least.

Of course it doesn't help that I'm supposed to enjoy my birthday and be happy, its supposed to be a very happy day for anyone and yet its not for me. I was just thinking about my upcoming birthday right before I saw this thread and see other people dreading their birthdays as well.

Isn't it sad that I dread my birthday, that I'm upset at the day I was born? I was born premature and very weak and maybe it would have been better if I had passed away. This is what depression has done to me, for me to think all these dark, sad and negative things and it doesn't want me to go and get help either, to go to a psychologist or anything......
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2009
  14. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I didn't say I wouldn't get drunk pass them away buzzed so I don't think about it. The only one who still tells me happy birthday is my daughter...
  15. Shiroi_Hana

Shiroi_Hana Well-Known Member

I hate my birthdays as well. Sometimes I wonder why they didn't just let me suffocate on the umbilical cord when I was born.
  16. low

low Member

Well it's late, but happy birthday.

I feel similar, I haven't enjoyed a birthday in years, since I was a kid. Which I suppose I could be grateful for considering the horrible childhoods alot of people have had.

I hate the attention personally, I would really, genuinely just not celebrate it, I don't know why but I have always as long as I can remember fealt some kind of strange...guilt, awkwardness. I don't know why but that's how I feel.

Alot of celebrations are all commercial now anyway imo, or at least there is alot more commercial aspect in them. Valantines, christmas; those are worst. And alot of the time they just make you feel bad, either because you are alone, single and miserable or forced by tradition to sit around with people that you don't like.

So for me, I just don't bother with them or at least bother with them as least as I have to. I don't get hyped up or look forward to them or expect to do anything special.
  17. darkplace

darkplace Well-Known Member

The last one i was so depressed i forgot it. The one before was my 21st. I did nothing special. I got one happy bd message of one mate and 2 cards. The ones before i cant recall. They have all sucked so far. I am getting older and closer to death one way or another though. So .. bring on the next one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.