Bisexual preferring one sex over the other

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by anarulesmenow, Jan 14, 2011.

1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm a female bisexual. I like both guys and women but I prefer women. When I like someone, I really like them, no matter what their sex. However, I just have this feeling that I'm going to end up with a woman, and that if I did end up marrying a guy I wouldn't be truly happy, and would probably end up having an affair with another woman anyway. I'm not gay though.
    Anyone else feel like this?
  2. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

somewhat. I've been interested in girls now for I don't know how long but I don't think I could ever... like be with a girl like that for any long period of time, I think I'd prefer to be with a guy.
  3. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I understand that. I tend to go through phases though. Sometimes i will like women more (which is my current phase and has been for about a year now) and sometimes i will like guys more. And sometimes i just like everyone :laugh:

I wouldn't worry about it. Just be yourself and you'll find the right person. And obviously you wouldn't get married if yoou don't think you could be faithful...
  4. anarulesmenow

I am attacted to guys but I cant imagine myself being with one long term, and I dont think I want to. I know I could be faithful to a girl long term, but not a guy. Strange.
  5. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Have you had any bad experiences with men? Do they not emotionally meet your needs?
  6. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

I tend to lean more to the women too >.<
  7. anarulesmenow

Well I do feel more of an emotional connection to women.
  8. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Well that's ok.

I don't think what you are going through is uncommon.

It's all good, just have fun and be honest with any potential partners :)
  9. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Yes, I feel like this
  10. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I'd say many bi people feel this way. Some feel 'closer' to their own sex, or others to the opposite. There's varying degrees of it. Just depends who you feel more at home with :)
  11. lurktheshadows

lurktheshadows Well-Known Member

has nobody heard of the kinsey scale? *facepalm*

there was some article I read on the fluidity of sexuality (especially women's)..I think it's important just to accept it as it is and don't worry about labels
  12. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

I feel attracted to whoever finds me attractive, how sad is that? Just because no woman so far showed any interest in me sexually I still don't know what's it like to be with one. Only had a kiss one time when me and a good friend were both drunk, she wasn't interested in anything else. Maybe I waisted half of my life this way.
    I've never said this to anyone, or posted before. Feels so weird and shameful as no other feeling I've had. But also kinda freeing.
  13. eagles_fan

eagles_fan Well-Known Member

I've felt bisexual, with a preference towards women before, but I couldn't see myself with a man long-term. I'm definitely more attracted to women than men, though. I'd like to hook up with a man someday.
  14. anarulesmenow

I think that the kinsey test really isn't very good.
  15. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I don't think it's possible to rate how homosexual, or heterosexual you are.

However, in response to this, I'm also bisexual, I adore the idea of having 'flings' with guys, but I couldn't settle down with one. I'm definitely more attracted to women.
  16. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Agreed, its very vague.
  17. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Vague in comparison to what?
  18. anarulesmenow

It was just three questions and I felt that none of the answers you could select properly applied to me.
  19. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about the actual questions the test asks.

I mean, how is it vague? What are you comparing it too?

A scale of sexuality is a lot more fluid then labelling yourself into homosexual, heterosexual or bisexual, don't you think?

I hadn't actually heard about this until deer mentioned it so i am not arguing or anything. Just thinking aloud.
  20. moko

moko Active Member

I'm in a 2yrs relationship with a very supportive boyfriend. However, before meeting him, I had a short but intense relationship with a girl friend of mine. Through this, I came to terms with my bisexual status. I told my boyfriend that I am bisexual but that didn't change a thing...except that I am growing to be less and less satisfied sexually and thinking that meeting a woman would be maybe a solution...but as you say, I don't feel lesbian at all...
    I just don't think that for now I can face my coworker's and family's judgement if I admit this to them, or go through with my sexuality. I hate having to live with this dilemma