bisexuality

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by ZombiePringle, May 24, 2009.

1. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Ever since high school I debated with myself over whether I was bisexual. A couple years ago I finally admitted it to myself. The one thing I have to deal with is a family that is completely against homosexuality. everytime I'm around them I always hear "gay people this gay people that. gay people are bad" etc. also recently I have been wondering if I'm more gay than straight if not 100 percent gay. I realize now that I'm sure this sexuality issue is affecting my depression at times.

2. BriGuy

BriGuy Antiquities Friend

Lots of people make comments without thinking unfortunately. I have known people to make comments as well, but then actually accept me without question. Coming out can be extremely difficult for many, but it is much easier when it's done. Whether you are bi or gay, either way, people who truly care about you will accept you either way. If they don't, then they aren't worth having in your life!

If you ever want to talk about anything at all, feel free to PM, email or MSN me anytime!! :hug:

3. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Don't label yourself just be who you are....and like Bri says if people trully love you then it wouldn't matter if you where gay, bi, pink or yellow.

All you can do is be yourself and hope other people will accept you. If someone is being an ass then just avoid them. There's nothing wrong with being gay or bi but I can see how you are afraid of being shunned by your family. If they don't need to know then don't tell them.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2009
  4. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

........:rolleyes:

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I've always sort of wondered the point of coming out to family. But maybe that's because I hate my family. Maybe friends... But I'd more likely let them find out when they do.

I was flirting around with the idea of bisexuality, but ultimately decided to not pursue men (just last week, in fact). I would never dream of telling my family anything about that, even if I went fully gay, because I don't think it's any of their business... at least until the male-male wedding invitations are going out ;)

6. BriGuy

For many it's because their family is an important part of their everyday lives, so they are interested in WHO they are dating, what they are doing, etc... so coming out is important, because if you don't come out, you are hiding or keeping a part of yourself from your family. However, if you aren't close to your family, then I agree, it doesn't matter if or when you tell them.

7. adiorthwtos

adiorthwtos New Member

there are a lot of interesting gaysites u cld visit 2 chat or meet with other "gays" U got eg www.gaygirls.eu or 4 the guys www.gay.eu .

8. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Thank you all. I guess you're right...If they don't accept me for my sexuality then they aren't worth having in my life. As for my family...I feel it best that they don't find out.

9. Maaso

Maaso Well-Known Member

My mum and I were driving around the other day. And she asked me how I was doing, unusual...

But the night before I was watching P.S. I Love You with some of my lady friends. And I said outloud "Yeah, I agree. That Gerard Butler is a sexy mountain of man" some laughs, a few gay jokes. And the night when on.

My mum has always told me, she would always love me no matter what. So when she asked me....as serious as I could I told her, I go "Mum, I think I might be gay."

She pulled that car over and slapped me. It took about 15 minutes, and the use of some pictures on my phone to prove to her I wasnt gay.

I dont know, I guess what I'm saying is just to be prepared for anything.

10. BriGuy

That is HORRIBLE! I can't believe she slapped you!! That is awful and makes me even sadder than I already am! No offense but your mom should be slapped... that is horrible and she should be ashamed of herself!!

11. Maaso

Maaso Well-Known Member

Eh...shes just religious, and homosexuality is bad in that book.

12. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

:laugh:
    Did I forget a color? I was just saying that it doesn't matter to people who love you.

13. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

When the bible says homosexuality is bad, it's in Leviticus. Look at the context in which that book was written...

14. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

Hey guys,
    ok from a girls perspective i must admit i dont think i face the 'issues' you do maybe, but my family are quiet accepting of me batting for both sides so to speak.
    my mum just thought it was a 'phase' at first but i recon shes got the jist now.
    i speak openly about my relationships, male and female, they dont even respond anymore except for the general chitchat,,,

15. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Sometimes, that is for the best. There is a psychological and emotional toll to pay for being gay or bi and being in the closet but sometimes it can be less than trying to come out to people who you know are just hopelessly homophobic and will never change and having them react badly. It can't really help much if they don't suspect anything now.