bit of a question, potential trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

DS

Account Closed
not really sure where to begin. I really don't want to begin, but I have this feeling i need to do something.

First time in many years I've been depressed...just a bit of a snowball effect i think, just can't seem to get a grip. Truly thought i was immune to depression...eh more melancholy dipping into momentary profound depression.

For those who have ptsd issues that are fairly well controlled/good coping skills in place; will sudden depression aggravate symptoms that have been very well controlled for years...kind of kick one's ability to cope? And must the scene continuously replay itself? I've been fine for many years. Nothing I couldn't handle or cope with.

Frankly, I think it's draining me, which is not helping the depression component. Can't seem to get it out of my head for some reason...really don't understand it.

also, a really difficult question to ask...i really don't want to ask and likely shouldn't...has anyone here experienced kidnapping with intent to kill?

Gawd I'm going to regret this.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Oh yes depression will aggravate flashbacks make youfeel not as in control as you thought. Depression causes your thinking to be clouded more as well. No i have not every had experiance of kidnapping with intent to kill. If this happened to you i am sorry you had such a traumatic event. I hope you have a therapist in place coucillor to guide you through this trauma and the emotions that come with it. Therapy and medication together talk to your doctor okay take care.

nolonger

Yes you can :(, please try to keep hope, because in the end I guess hope is all we have - and need. Please keep venting/'spilling' out what's bothering you, we're always here to listen :) and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00