Bitch

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Phoenix1985, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenix1985

Phoenix1985 Well-Known Member

I just told my MUM I'd rather be dead than have to put up with the bullshit that is life. And I got fucking ignored. No point in trying anymore.

2. KJAB

KJAB Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

maybe she didn't think you were serious. SOOOOOO much of what we talk is noise so maybe rather than face it, she chose to ignore it. Suggestion: say to her "Mom, can I talk to you for ten minutes at ... 8.00pm or 4.00pm or whatever and then she might be more focussed and willing to chat more appropriately?

3. Phoenix1985

I can't. I can't do weakness with family like that.

4. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

If you can't talk to her, talk to us about why you're feeling so bad. We're always here to listen. Most of the time when I try to tell my parents about it, it gets shrugged off.
    I don't think they want to accept it and I'm not surprised. It must hurt that your child feels suicidal. Is there anyone else in real life you could talk to?

5. Phoenix1985

Not really. My best mate has depression problems too and gets shitty with me quickly and no-one else knows how I feel. It shits me how she has time for everyone else - one of her mates could ring her in the middle of the night having a bad time and she'd fall over herself to help. If it was me she'd just be cranky and go on about how she was asleep.

I think I feel so bad because I ran out of my anti-depressants last weekend, not that they were working.

6. Phoenix1985

I harmed myself a tiny bit last night, got a couple cuts on my arm. She doesn't care at all.

7. Phoenix1985

I just told her this and she started going on about absolutely irrelevant bullshit.

8. jetsabel

jetsabel Member

I had the same problem as you - I was feeling bad and I tried to talk to my mom and she just didn't care. One day I was losing my mind and I told her that we needed to have a serious talk. I told her everything, without crying, without screaming, without judging and accusing. She cried a lot, but now she at least knows what I've been through. Not that she understands me at all, but she's always hugging me and telling me to cheer up. It's pointless to explain that I can't "cheer up", but I know that she's trying to help, so I just smile and say "okay mom, thanks!".
    :/ I don't know, you should try to talk to her.

9. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Same here, I had a very similar problem.
    The first time I told my Mother I was suicidal she sat down with me and we had a massive heart to heart, I woke up feeling better, but then the next morning when I thought she was going to help me to get some help, it was as if the talk had never happened and she dismissed it and me completely, we went about our daily business as if I'd never said a word.

I think the best thing you can do is write her a letter. It took me a few years but I wrote my Mother a letter and I'm almost 26 - she STILL brings this letter up now (something about words on paper cuts deep), she told me the letter got to her. Which I'm glad about, even though my words were harsh and placed a lot of the blame with her, it made her take notice, if she's still recalling it ten years later!

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I can totally relate but perhaps she doesn't know how to help you? Have you tried talking to her when you're calm and explaining everything? :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.