Biting inside of mouth constantly

Backflip___

They / Them pronouns !
SF Supporter
I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this, so i'll move it if i have to.
I have a really bad habit of chewing and biting my cheek and tongue almost every minute of the day. My dentist today told me my mouth was bruised on the inside too. In the appointment, the front two of my teeth were altered someway? i'm not too sure how, but i can't stop pushing my tongue into it. it's kinda sharp, so it hurts, and my tongue is in a lot of pain - it hurts to drink things at the moment. does anyone have any advice on stopping this? i've tried chewing gum but it never ended up working. thanks!

Sorry that this is happening

Did your dentist have any suggestions? If gum doesn't work as a replacement, maybe there's something else that you could chew on. Like maybe something made out of rubber. In principle, there might even be something like a dog's chew toy or a pacifier you could chew on.

The fact that you have a need to chew suggests that you're feeling some tension that you are expressing that way. There are some squeezable objects that they sell to help relieve tension, so you might be able to transfer the habit from something you are doing with your mouth to something that you are doing with your hands.

A meditation practice, getting a massage, or getting an acupuncture treatment might be another way of relieving the tension.

I hope things can get better soon

Backflip___

They / Them pronouns !
SF Supporter
Sorry that this is happening

Did your dentist have any suggestions? If gum doesn't work as a replacement, maybe there's something else that you could chew on. Like maybe something made out of rubber. In principle, there might even be something like a dog's chew toy or a pacifier you could chew on.

The fact that you have a need to chew suggests that you're feeling some tension that you are expressing that way. There are some squeezable objects that they sell to help relieve tension, so you might be able to transfer the habit from something you are doing with your mouth to something that you are doing with your hands.

A meditation practice, getting a massage, or getting an acupuncture treatment might be another way of relieving the tension.

I hope things can get better soon
Ah, sounds like a good plan! I'll pick something up when i can, maybe a little toy or something or a stress ball haha, thank you for the response!! <3

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
That is definitely anxiety talking. I don't have anything amazing to tell you to stop doing it aside all the usual things to chill anxiety but I hope that gets better. eek. That sounds really painful!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00