Biting

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by GreenMasque, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreenMasque

GreenMasque Member

I used to be a cutter and stopped (with the exception of a couple occassional friendly nicks here and there) years ago. And tonight I find myself suddenly biting. A bit of what is labeled as my "rational" mind figures this is likely to become a problem. The main bit though is rather pleased to find another form of expression.
    I need someone to talk to, I think, but I can't speak to friends or family. And I'm twisting.
    Twisting like a poisoned cobra, this one.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Oh hun hope you don't go down that road again of self harming especially biting hun the increase chances of infection Please hun get some support for you to teach you how to be caring towards you ok instead of harming hugs

3. GreenMasque

GreenMasque Member

Thanks for the response. I've calmed down a bit, but the thing is...I see it all as a pretty reasonable compromise. People allege they don't want me dead, so when that urge comes, self-harm is the middle ground. And if you break the skin, dab on some antiseptic, if ones state of mind permits.
    Anyway, me being "caring" to myself almost makes it worse, because then I am eating and disregarding what other people think of me, right up until I slip over that line again, I find myself enraged.
    But you are obviously a very caring person, yourself. Thanks very much for the consideration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.