Bizarre dreams - I need someone's advice and/or opinion seriously..

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by expressive_child, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

I don't get four hours of sleep each night now. Even if I do, I dream so much I won't get enough rest. Its always hard waking up in the morning, feeling so groggy and its like I can collaspe and drop dead anytime. I have bizarre absurd dream every night now. Though I consume lesser caffeine now, it seems like I am getting more and more sleepless now. But even though I am tired in the morning and struggle to brush my teeth and shower, I feel so refresh after that but after a couple of hours I feel sleepy again. Few nights ago, I slept less than three hours and yet I dream and the night after that I prepare to go to bed earlier but struggle just to sleep less than six hours and yet I also have nightmares too.

I often hear the doorbell ringing at night and everytime I look out the window, there is always nothing there. There has been a few times I woke up from a dream to the sound of the doorbell again and I was sweaty, I look out the window again and there is no one. I realize its just me, am I paranoid or something? I don't really want to see my doctor and get some pills for that. I just hate pills or medication. I tried some alternate methods but didn't work out. I don't know but I guess I am worried about my sleeping problems.

I had this dream before;

I am in a college's locker room area with my friend, his back is deformed and white liquid flowing from a big incision. The thing is everyone who passes by isn't surprised and everyone is physically normal except him. Well, no one even looked at his deformed back. I ask my friend 'Why is there white liquid coming out of your back?'. He says 'Oh, its nothing, just let it flow till it stops'. Then I just nod and was like 'Ummm..ok'. Then I started acting normally again.

I don't know what to think of this dream I had but this is one of the dreams I won't forget ever. I can remember a dream I once had when I was about 10 years old; I was riding on a roller coaster with some relatives and it went high up in the sky and out of nowhere while everybody was screaming I find myself off the ride and floating in the air for a moment and in a while I fall down to the ground and woke up fearfully.

Yeah, I know its absurd but I like to believe there are reasons behind people's bizarre dreams. I thought of sharing this, I mean, I dream so much I can remember some of them. Well, yeah, so I thought its good if I share it. Hope to get some advice/opinion or anything...
  2. I am 1/4 native american and I know the "indians" all believe that there are meanings behind dreams. I believe it too, however I am not experienced enough to tell you what your dream meant exactly. I think you could search "dream meanings" in any search engine and try to read up on them. It must be online, everything is. As a matter of fact I need to search dream meanings for myself, can't believe I've only just now come to this conclusion because my dreams are always weird.
  3. Innocent

Innocent Guest

I think it is your subconscious acting out the anxiety you are having right now. Are you expecting someone that causes you anxiety to come to your house? That could be why you are dreaming someone is ringing the doorbell. I have had periods of time where I have woken up too thinking someone is rining the doorbell and it turns out nobody is. Usually it has to do with somebody that I don't want to come over but might be coming over anyways, like my landlord is supposed to come by soon or something.
    I don't know what to say about your dreams other than something is really stressing/worrying you and that is probaby why you are having such bad dreams where things don't make sense and are out of your control.
  4. expressive_child

I guess I could try it. I bought a book entitled '1000 Interpretation of Dreams' before and I regret because it ain't helping me at all. It makes me more confused as to how should I look at it. Because for such bizarre dream like this, its very hard to refer to a book. I think I might have to consult someone if I seriously wants to find out. I am sure it means something coz there is no way I will dream of something so senseless for no apparent reason. Thanks buddy.
  5. expressive_child

Hmmmm...anxiety? Possible I think. But then I hardly expect anyone to come to my house and even if there is, he/she could be my friend asking me out for a drink or something but not that they are giving me anxiety or anything. I think you are right about the part of something is making me worried and I am stressing on it a little too much or something. I thought I could consult a pro in this some time, its really bothering me a lot. Sometimes I dream even though I am just taking a short nap and that sucks to the max because I feel like I can't even get a little rest. Well, I gotta figure it out or I won't ever get a good nights sleep again... :insomnia:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.