Bizarre sleep patterns

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by heavenlyjunkie, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heavenlyjunkie

heavenlyjunkie Active Member

Soooo, I've had trouble sleeping for a few years, but now it's just getting weird. I've literally gotten less and less sleep for the past week. It started with about 7 hours, which isn't bad, then 6, then 5, and now I'll get 3 hours of sleep and then wake up for the rest of the day. I'm exhausted all day long. Not my eyes, but my body. I just drone along and it's bad for the ol' mood. I'm tired and can't fall asleep. I don't want to use pills, because I did that and found that if I stopped, then my sleeping patterns would be messed up for a week. But they worked, so I'd get some sleep, wake up and want to fall back asleep again, so I took more. Consequences occured.

Blehhh. It's about 6:20am.
  2. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

That sounds really frustrating and awful.. I know that when I don't sleep much I feel really low in the mood the next day.. think it would drive me mad(der) to not sleep much for days/weeks on end.

I understand your concerns about taking medication to help sleep but i wonder if there's anything else that might help? I think there's a post in the 'Dreamers Journey' subforum that suggests ways of sleeping better.. here it is :)

Hope things improve for you very soon

PS have you ever tried one of those relaxation CD things? I got a free sample one by Paul McKenna and it's actually quite good... his voice is enough to send me to sleep :biggrin:
  3. heavenlyjunkie

heavenlyjunkie Active Member

Thanks Jenny :)
    Some of those tips in the link were enlightening. I didn't realize what bad habits i've developed. As for relaxation CDs, the only sounds that i find relaxing are children's screams..........
    Haha, ohhhh what a terrible sense of humour i have.
    But i will take your advice, thank you again. :)
  4. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

i feel for ya too. i usuaaly got to sleep about 6 am and now that my slave schedule changed. i get off work at 12.30pm and hopefully fall asleep sometime b4 7pm. then i wake up and do it again. i'm off 2nite and it sucks sitting here all nite alone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.