Black Eye

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Esmeralda, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I didn't know where to put this, so I just put it here...

I got a little drunk last night and I tripped (in my house thank God) and hit my head and now I have my first ever black eye. Now I can't go anywhere because people will think my husband beats me or something and I'm supposed to have dinner with my family tomorrow but WTF am I supposed to say? Grr I've canceled the past 2 weeks but I can't go like this :huh:

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Walked into a cupboard door once..huge black eye..would anyone believe me:dry: would they heck as like:mad:

3. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

:no: Poor eyes :hug:

:dunno: Don't know what anyone would believe... the ol' "I walked into a door" excuse isn't very credible sometimes :eek:hmy:

Doctor it as much as possible. But be gentle. Maybe it'll fade, if even a little.

Good luck. >.<

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

In this day and age people never believe the cupboard door or door. Sometimes a softball works, depending on the people. I hope it feels better soon. Of course you could tell the complete truth. I don't know. i wish you luck. :)

5. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Maybe you could try alot of make up? :s

6. Esmeralda

Aww thank you guys so much for your sweet thoughts :) I called my mom today and told her what happened, minus the me being drunk part :laugh: She said I should just wear a sign that says "I fell, O.K.?" Thank God she loves my hubby to death so she would never suspect him or anything.

At least I just have dinner at her house tomorrow...and I went to the grocery store Friday and I'm not working right now, so hopefully I can just hide out for awhile.

Makeup won't cover this baby just yet...my eye is practically swollen shut. :eek:utcold:

I guess I can wear sunglasses if I go to the pool, and if I go to the gym...well...I kinda want to see people's reaction. It's so gross you guys :rolleyes:

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You might as well play it up and enjoy all the strange reactions you recieve. You know what happened and if they don't want to believe you, that's their problem. :blink:

8. Esmeralda

Heehee. That's what I was thinking Gentlelady! My husband said I have to wear sunglasses if we go out together though so people don't think he's a wife-beater or something :laugh: Hopefully nobody calls the police on him or anything :eek:hmy:

9. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I say don't worry too much but if it'll make you feel better, put liquid foundation on, that usually works good with black eyes/though swollen shut, I'd make it look a bit better but that's me but really, you know the truth, it's nothing I'd panic about..

:hug:

10. Esmeralda

I may try liquid foundation...the color is pretty gruesome! I only imagine it will get worse, going from black and red to being yellow and green. I'm totally bringing sexy back :laugh:

11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Definitely. Who can resist all those gorgeous colors? And in those combinations no less. Your hubby better watch out! :laugh:

12. ~CazzaAngel~

Yeah, now we're all jealous and going to be falling just for the fad you are starting! :tongue::laugh:

:hug:

13. Esmeralda

:laugh: Seriously, watch the runways in Paris and check out the Fall issue of Vogue. It's going to be all the rage, and I don't think I'm gonna be able to keep my husband away...I'll be exhausted by the end of the week!

:hug: to Carolyn and Gentlelady for making me laugh (even though it hurts when I do!)

14. Tell them you recently took up the fine art of Muay Thai :boxer:... and if they still don't believe you then beat the crap out of them :eek:utcold: to show them how good you've become.

15. Esmeralda

:laugh: That's a great idea! If they ask what the Hell happened I'll just say "You should see the other guy!"

16. ~CazzaAngel~

:laugh::tongue:

17. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I'm a mean swine:dry:
    Once I was in such a hurry to get out the door of a public phone booth, I let go of the door on my way out..smash half a ton of iron smacked me in the eye.
    I staggered out seeing stars all the way home...you should have seen the eye:eek:hmy: I looked like I'd had a ruck with Mike Tyson and lost.

So what do I do :dry: am walking down the street with my best friend Owen, when 2 cops were coming up the other way. I turn on my heels and say really loudly to Owen...how the hell could you do this to me..ok so I pinched the guys' bum..but still.
    You should have seen his face :laugh: The :police: 's just gave him the filthiest of looks :laugh:

18. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

Bless ya, Peanut. :hug: i actually do walk into doors, walls, the lot, drunk or non...think i need some kind of alarm to warn me if i'm getting too close to something :unsure: I say, go with shades :wink: Or, tell the truth? :blink:

19. I like your wicked sense of humor.

ps, "bum" = "butt"......"arse" = "ass" :laugh:. Interesting how though we speak the same basic language ( you English, and I the American derivative ) we can't help but use the different vernacular that we grew up listening to.

I suppose people from Australia and New Zealand have even further "evolved"
    the language to reflect their own cultural preferences as well.

Just a thought..English has now even become the dominant language in outer space !!! Why would I say that ? Because when I watch episodes of Star Trek even the aliens :alien: are speaking it. Cool !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.