Black jelly beans

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by WildCherry, Mar 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm curious what everyone thinks of them. Good? Bad? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Of course, because of Easter, someone in my family gave me a huge bag of jelly beans. Most of them are good. But I'm sitting here eating them, and I've just gotten 3 black jelly beans in a row (worst flavor in existance). These came after 2 coffee-flavored jelly beans (second worsst flavor in the world). For those that don't know me... I'm blind. So when I eat a jelly bean, its flavor is a mystery until I start chewing. Now I'm just going to keep eating jelly beans until I get one that isn't a flavor I hate!!

MisterBGone likes this.
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yes, black jelly beans are the worst flavor! Sometimes I eat them thinking they are grape, and I have to spit them out right away, lol. They should be discontinued, right along with circus peanuts and other nasty candies! But I can't agree with you on the coffee flavored ones, because I love anything dealing with coffee :)

By the way, are these the Jelly Belly ones? Those are mostly good, and I got another brand that has similar flavors but some are a bit different from the Jelly Belly ones.

WildCherry likes this.
  3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Black jelly beans - blech! The ones I've had are supposed to be black licorice. Super sweet with an odd minty-licorice flavor. Double blech! Yay for the other flavors! I hope you've had the last of the black jelly beans already. lol

WildCherry and Witty_Sarcasm like this.
  4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

@Witty_Sarcasm ...What are circus peanuts? Are they like bridge peanuts? Peanuts covered in some kind crunchy candy coating? I agree, outlaw those!

Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

No, but those are weird too. Circus peanuts are like spongy orange colored candies that taste like fake banana or something, just really weird flavored.

6. WildCherry

Circus peanuts are equally nasty, Lol. Yup, they're the Jelly Belly jelly beans. They've got some cool flavors. Buttered popcorn is a favorite!

MisterBGone and Witty_Sarcasm like this.
  7. Witty_Sarcasm

Buttered popcorn has to be one of the best. You wouldn't think it would go with a jelly bean, but it totally works!

WildCherry likes this.
  8. WildCherry

You can't imagine how many jelly beans I had to eat to finally find a buttered popcorn one!

9. Witty_Sarcasm

Apparently all the gross ones, lol. But I'm glad you finally found one!

WildCherry likes this.
  10. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I actually like the black ones, but I also like licorice. @WildCherry I also don't like the coffee ones, but the popcorn ones are good. Have you got a chocolate pudding one yet?

MisterBGone likes this.
  11. WildCherry

Oooh yeah, that one was good!! I knew it was chocolate, didn't realize it was chocolate pudding. But I really liked that one!!

Rockclimbinggirl likes this.
  12. Witty_Sarcasm

Oh you know, one thing you can do is have someone take out the kinds you dislike, and they can eat them or throw them away. That way you won't have to end up eating them :p

WildCherry likes this.
  13. Matthew Barber

Matthew Barber Well-Known Member

I remember just getting a bag full of black jelly beans.

Let's just say, somewhere, there's an unopened bag of black jelly beans slowly rotting away

14. WildCherry

Lol Witty, I gave up on that idea when my cousin claimed to pick out a handful of the best flavors so I could enjoy them, but what he actually did was pick out lots of black jelly beans. I'm sure he loved the look on my face when I started eating.

Matthew... ugh!! Someone once gave me a bag of those Harry Potter jelly beans, with the really nasty flavors mixed in. That unopened bag is also rotting away somewhere, along with your bag of black jelly beans.

MisterBGone and Witty_Sarcasm like this.
  15. Witty_Sarcasm

Wow, your cousin is mean :p Time to pull a good prank on him ;)
    I had the Harry Potter beans...you can only eat so many booger and dirt and vomit flavored jelly beans before you get sick of them :p

WildCherry likes this.
  16. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I don't know if they put different things in them over here since we're very strict on food regulations... but I really like them actually. I can't stand the chocolate pudding ones though...

And the Harry Potter ones are really not a fun game. I almost threw up at a party when I got a bad one... I think I got stinky socks. Worst part is that you don't get the flavour before you really chew it... *shivers*

17. WildCherry

Lol I haven't thought of a prank for my cousin yet.
    Ugh!! I won't even try the Harry Potter ones. I know I'd get a nasty flavor. Makes me cringe just thinking about it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.