Blah Mood

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Melmoth the Wanderer, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melmoth the Wanderer

Melmoth the Wanderer Well-Known Member

I've been feeling especially low for the past month. It's not a painful kind of low. It's the kind that makes me want to kill myself, but then again, almost everything makes me want to kill myself.

I don't care about anything anymore. At school, I'm ostracized, ignored, and overlooked, but that's nothing new. I look at the people around me and I see that I will never be able to connect with them. There's nowhere in the English-speaking world where I fit in.

I'm currently majoring in drama, and while theater is the only thing that makes me feel like I might want to live, I'm discouraged by the attitudes of the theater professors and the techies. I like most of the actors I've encountered, but everyone else is enfuriating.

I'm supposed to go see a play for my drama classes, but I don't think I can stomach it. I've read the play they're doing, and it's one of my favorites. I was actually really looking forward to it until I read the reviews and saw the preview video. The reviews themselves were favorable. What bothered me was that they made a beautiful dramatic work into a knee-slapping comedy. It's like taking a Shakespeare play and making it into a panto without changing any of the words. For example: "Alas, poor Yorick. I knew him, Horatio." HAHAHA! (WTF?!)

I don't think this would bother me so much if this play was the exception, but it's the rule, unfortunately. And it's very depressing.

I don't know why I'm posting this. Don't feel obligated to respond.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.