blah

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by GA_lost, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

I am feeling down and want to burn myself. My father died about a year ago, and my mother now is having a hard time after a tooth extraction. Losing or fixing teeth seems harmless but can be very hard for an elderly person. My grandmother(maternal side) had a heart attack right after some dental work. If my mother were to die, all holds are off as to my trying to kill myself. Rather I am also scared. I am facing the decline in my mother's health. Even though she drives me crazy, I will be extremely alone once she goes.

2. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

Try not to worry too much. It must be vary rare for that type of thing to happen, and for it to happen 2x near on impossible.

I know I say try not to worry but it wont stop you worrying. How is your mum, is she worried?

x

3. GA_lost

She was worried and asked me come spend the night with her the night of the extraction. Actually tooth problems developing into something else is not rare. I recently saw the same warning on a medical show. My mother is almost 88, but generally is in good shape. I know though she will not probably enjoy that good health for much longer. I am trying to prepare myself for the inevitable end.

4. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

88 is a bloody good age to get to. I am assuming then you are in your 50's?
    Unfortunatly death of a parent is something that most people have to go through. Think yourself lucky in a way that you still have your mum and that she has got to a nice age. Try not to be negative or think about the negative things but how lucky you are that you have had your mum around for a long time.

Sorry, I am not much help in terms of advice. What I am saying is probably a load of crap so choose to ignore it if you so wish to. Sometimes I struggle to articulate what I mean and can come out the wrong way. It's hard for me to give advice to someone in your position when I have not been there myself. I am thinking of you though and wish you all the best.

xxxx

5. GA_lost

You are correct 88 is a good age to get to, and I am fortunate to have her for so long. Problem is a person is never really ready for a parent to die. Also, I live alone and have very little contact outside of my mother. Staying at my mother's house on Thursday night reminded me of being out there when my father died (he died at home). My mood has definitely gone down since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.