Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by flowerpot, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flowerpot

flowerpot Well-Known Member

I want to curl up in a ball & die. I hate feeling like everything is against you. Whatever you do you're cursed with bad luck and every little thing that could possibly go wrong, does. And ahh the school year just started and i'm finding it all too hard i can't concentrate a bit on this work and i'm just going to fail. it shouldn't be this hard.. i want to be nothing :(
  2. justafool

justafool Well-Known Member

You want to be nothing and, of couse, it is understandable. Most suicidal people are existentialists - oblivion is such a comforting concept. I personally belive that our existence cannot be obliterated, which is our ultimate challenge to face. We have to live with ourselves for eternity (and I'm not relying on any religious beliefs when I say this).

It is perfectly reasonable to detest this forsaken world, but it would be very helpful if you can find a way to accept yourself.
  3. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

i think when we want to "not-exist'' , what we really are trying to do is end our suffering. but i am not sure suffering truly ends at death. . .

it is possible, i believe, to experience joy while also being in pain. . and as long as we are alive we have the chance to also give joy to others. we can create for ourselves a fulfulling life, if we just keep trying.

if we can create joy and beauty - then we lessen some suffering in the world.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.