Blame Game. 100 ways to screw up your life.

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by justMe7, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Sorta going through my own little blame cycle I guess. Somehow I came across this. I took a browse at this list and thought it had some interesting positions to share. Can't say I agree with all of these, but it's an nice little reminder on somethings.

http://www.dragosroua.com/100-ways-to-screw-up-your-life/

2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Simply awesome, thank you for posting :)

3. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

That type of self-help column has been published for eons, ever since Vanity Fair magazine in the 1800s. It's all great advice. The only problem is, no one can follow it. Subsumed is an ability to continuously monitor and control one's self as the days and their distractions roll by, as well as unlimited freedom to act by choice.

So much of what we do, "working harder than we can," for instance, is because we must do it, not because we would do it if we had a choice not to.

However, I won't knock it if it works for you :)

4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

No one can follow it to the letter, obviously Hats....... but it's the wisdom in it that it all points to which is so inspiring. For myself, it's all about attitudes - the attitudes we choose to have need to be based on the fuel/foundation that what we choose is actually wise and worth aspiring to at least (I have failed on many of them, but I can see it now.... and realise that it all can be redeemable - even the risks which went belly up)

5. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

That's a matter of perspective. If that's how life is for you, then I won't knock how you see and live it ;) Anyhow it's just a gentle read. People fill in their own substance with conceptual information. That's the point

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thanks so much for posting this, I can relate to so much and I'm sure I will learn a few lessons from it, this guy is a genius.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.