Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by gothic_spleen, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gothic_spleen

gothic_spleen Antiquities Friend

well again i cut, and i need stitches....I have been trying to stop cutting for almost a year now, and its never going to stop....trying is useless
  2. koukou63

koukou63 Antiquitie's Friend

I'm sorry that you are in such pain. I know what it's like to feel so self destructive to yourself, I have been there, although I know its different for each person.

You say it's never going to stop and that trying is useless, please don't feel that. It can stop and for many people it does. I'm not saying it will be easy but it can be done. You have to work extra hard on your distraction techniqes and find another way of expressing your feelings in a non self destructive way.

I throw old plates against the garden wall and scream when I do it... it works for me but may not for others but it's just an example... try and think what would help you. Have you thought about writing your feelings down and then riping the paper up and burning it? Its just a thought.

Anyway I just wanted to say you are not alone and even 1 day with out cutting is an acheivement... every journey begins with 1 step.

Take care

K x
  3. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Chat Buddy

Hey gothic, soz i havent been round much.
    i'm sorry you cut again, i know at a time like that it can seem like trying to stop is utterly useless but i know in the past that you have gone for a long time without cutting, and how possitive and happy you sounded in ur posts, well thats what keeps me going, thinking how far i've come, and i know you can do the same, please dont give up.

Thinking of you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.