Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by LenaLunacy, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

My boyfriend used to self harm, and i still do, but when he did it, the amount of blood that comes out of the cut is hardly anything, but yet, when i do it, i bleed for like twenty minutes and theres a heck of a lot of blood and my boyfriend did it deeper than i do it and yet he didnt bleed nearly as much! i was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a reason behind this, do guys bleed less than girls generally? Any experiences of this? Id appreciate your feedback :) Thanks! xx
  2. taranama

taranama Well-Known Member

hey :)
    well....its not a guy/girl thing, its more biology.... everyone bleeds at a different rate, its to do with the thickness of your blood, and your heart rate.

some people's blood is thinner than others, and others are thicker than your average.. also, when you cut your heart rate goes up, so obviously your blood will pump faster around your body, and your blood obviously comes out faster than your boyfriends cos your blood is thinner, and your heart rate goes up..

hope this is helpful :)
  3. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Thanks, i thought it might be something to do with biological reasons, or the platelets that clot the wounds or something ya know!
    Thanks for your help :)
  4. Dante Wrath

Dante Wrath Member

How quickly you heal depends on alot of factors.
    My body is pretty strong, i cut deep and there is little blood, i also don't scar easy.
    A friend of mine used to self harm, his were no deeper than mine but the amount of blood that came out was drasticly diffrent and his have left bad scars.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.